Neeeeeed to exercise but my knee hurts :-(

Options
I'm going to go over today, we're having beef madras curry tonight (homemade) which I've put into my diary but that with rice and naan means I'm going to go over and I can't have any snacks or anything. My knee is hurting from running on the treadmill yesterday and I just don't know what to do exercise wise to burn some cals :-(

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    maybe some yoga, pilates or stationary bike...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    walking is good, try and arc trainer made by cybex. Also swimming is the best for sore joints. or Bicycling...........see there are alot of things to do.............
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    if u can get to a pool u could some swimming
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    upper body strength training :)
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I could go swimming but I'm worried it will hurt :-S
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    Hi,
    This is going to sound strange, but go to youtube and search elderly exercise videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zCDiiTBTk for example. I know it might seem small, but any exercise is better then none. My friend did these after knee surgery on recommendation from her doctor and she was only 32 :)
    There are several exercises for seniors that involve sitting in a chair, but are no impact on the legs. You could also so some yoga, or pilates. They would help but not hurt :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have iliotibial band issues with a terrible pull on my knee - foam roller is my savior as well as 2 aleve. I wrap my knee with athletic tape and off I go! If you want to do it, you'll find a way!
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Body-weight strength moves if you are new to lifting... push-ups, rows, (assisted) pull-ups, planks. If you move quickly from one to the next, it will keep your heart rate up.

I had trouble with swimming when I had an ankle injury bc of the resistance in the water. It actually hurt more than running did.
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was having issues with my knees also, I started taking some joint medicine for them called Joint Doctor by Flexstar. You can find them by going to flexstar.net. They also have this wonderful vitamin called Revitalize II that is a fat loss and detox system.
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did it! I went on the cross trainer for an hour and my knee didn't hurt! 500cals burned ready for tonight :-)