Chalean and Turbo Jam Advice

Options
Ok...I have lost 43 pounds since February on MFP. I have been going to the gym doing spin class and various things and I have done a lot of the Jillian Micheals DVD's at home. It has worked great for me! But I am way bored with exercise these days and I am ready to try something new to shed these last 30ish pounds. I have been reading a lot about Chalean and Turbo Jam. For the ones out there that have done these...should I start out just doing one program first:? If so...which one? Or should start out doing the hybrid version of both programs that everyone talks about? Did you have good results with these programs?

HELP!!

Thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Everyone always says to do a program in it's entirety before doing a hybrid. You need to familiarize yourself with the routine. If you're looking to lose a large amount of weight, go with the turbojam because it's more cardio based and will help shed the fat. ChaLEAN extreme is GREAT too (im 1 day away from completing the 90 days) but it's mainly strength based and does more toning and leaning than it does fat loss. I haven't lost a single pound doing CLX, however, I have lost inches all over and changed the shape of my body. I'm now moving on to Turbofire to shed the pounds, as well as running (which i do 3x a week).
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I am doing ChaLean Extreme and have lost inches and weight. I would recommend that b/c muscles burns fat and I love weight training / circuit training activities. She has a variety of things so I am never bored. I am right there w/ ya tho on boredom. I love to have variety. I have adult A.D.D I think, :laugh:
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had done Turbo Jam before, but I went straight to a Chalean/Turbo Fire hybrid without doing either first. I love it and it works for me. I am on Day 90 and not bored at all. Huge changes to my body from both programs.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    What is Hybrid??
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and it's awesome. Your choice also depends on how much $$ ya wanna spend.
  • myroots
    Options
    What is Hybrid??

Just a schedule using more than one program.
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    do you need any equipment for this?
  • myroots
    Options
    YOu do need free weights for Chalean Extreme. I got a set of adjustables from 5-25 pounds from Walmart.