How do you know what to get??

Options
ammient3
ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
Hello MFP Friends,
I've been told & have read that I should add a supplement powder to my diet like to mix in my smoothies and drinks..... I got on GNC and WOW What should I be looking for and is it something that will really help me lose weight or is it for the healthier side of it? I eat VERY healthy mostly all fresh produce. Please throw some advice to me before I go to the store and they see "SUCKER" all over my forehead & I end up buying it all!!! Thanks :)

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Shakeology is a all natural protein/meal replacement shake with 70+ingredients. It has helped me lose 51+ pounds and it taste great. It's only available thru a team beachbody coach and cost about $4 a serving. Let me know if you'd be interested in more information.

:)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    So many choices, here's what I like to supplement:

Protein - I like whey protein powder - my favorite is Biochem Sports Natural flavor (amazon.com), though in a pinch the EAS Vanilla at my local publix is pretty good too.

Daily Multi Vitamin - I also buy mine on-line - just get a good multi-vitamin. I like x-tend life brand. www.xtend-life.com

Fish oil - wanna get those Omega-3's - they are anti-inflammatory (alot of the garbage we eat is inflammatory). I use x-tend life brand for these also.

Some people also like to take Creatine or Co-enzyme Q10 (these are already in my multi and/or fish oil).

Hope this helps!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Protein....at least 26 gms a serving.. no more tan 3 grams of sugar per serving in drinks....
  • tiggerlilly1001
    Options
    Shakeology is a all natural protein/meal replacement shake with 70+ingredients. It has helped me lose 51+ pounds and it taste great. It's only available thru a team beachbody coach and cost about $4 a serving.
    I used the Greenberry.