Long road ahead

Options
Hi my name is Lee. Ive just started amd hoping to get back in shape. Mainly to get healthy. I e gained a lot of stress weight. Im starting with counting calories. Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• rainbowbecky
    rainbowbecky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I'm not new to MFP, but new to the community forums. I'm hoping that talking to others will help with motivation.

I haven't friended anyone yet; might work. Reminders to log calories might also be helpful.
  • Solsticegirl08
    Solsticegirl08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee. I have a long road ahead too. I have 45 pounds to lose. We can do this!
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If i'm honest.... i found stop thinking in terms of 'long road ahead' helpful .... i'm focussed on each day as it comes .... we all have hectic lives, lots of stress and everything else.... I just focus on 'today' ....

I have a lot of weight to lose and i think in the past i've looked at the numbers and how much time it'll take and it seems insurmountable at times.... so i've said 'no' ... Track today, sort out today and we'll have plenty of time to think about tomorrow when it gets here.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Some tips that were helpful to me:
    • Buy a food scale - guesstimating or using cup/spoons is not accurate and it's very easy to underestimate your intake.
    • Log you normal food intake for a couple of days
    • Review your normal intake and see where you can make small sustainable changes to reach your calorie deficit - things like using less oil in cooking, swapping from full fat/sugar soda to water or diet soda, adding more veg to your meals to bulk it out and reducing the higher calorie content foods. Small changes add up over time.
    • Find some exercise/activity you enjoy