RESULT

Options
how long does it take to see results in loosing weight?

Replies

• valkongr
    valkongr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In the mirror after 10kgs(22 lbs), in your clothes after 5kgs(11 lbs)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    a week.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    drift2017 wrote: »

Another context question. It depends on what percentage of weight is lost versus when you start, how tall you are, what your body composition looks like when you start, etc.

If you are 240 pounds and 5'11" and male, like me, it took about 25 pounds before it was noticeable (even while seeing the scale move). That took a few months. The next 20 pounds (since it was a bigger percentage) was even more noticeable.

You also need to define what you mean by results. Scale number? Clothing size? What you look like?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean and can vary by person.

For me personally I lost weight in week one starting a 500 calorie deficit. So on the scale I saw the number start to go down after a week.
    I did not look different in progress photos until I had lost 10-15 lbs and the difference wasn't dramatic.
    I did not need to drop a clothing size for most things until I lost about 20 lbs. 20lbs took me about 5-6 months to lose.
    10-20 lbs made a big difference in how I felt, energy level, ability to do more exercise, etc. (20lbs was not the full amount I needed to lose)
    So 1 week to 6 months I guess would be my answer. If you have a calorie deficit I think you should notice some result within that time period.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think I felt it fairly soon. How much of that is more between my ears than actually on my person, I can't tell you. I'm old so I'm noticing wrinkles showing up that had previously been filled with fat. My double chin is slowly being replaced by a wattle and jowls. My shoes don't feel as tight. My wedding/engagement ring is starting to spin around my finger. That's at 20 pounds gone with another 120 to go.
  • prima_donut
    prima_donut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to goal the more a loss will show. Most people will notice if you lose 10% of your bodyweight. As you get close to goal, 10lb will show, and then 5lb. But 5lb won't make a visual difference on someone who is say, 250lb.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    drift2017 wrote: »

I heard it was 4 weeks for ourselves to notice our own weightloss, 8 weeks for your family and friendd, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world (maybe side by side before and afters). I have lost 6 lbs, which is supposedly a whole pant size,but all i notice is my psnts fit without the lil side fat that I used to have in them. But not too much because I never wear my pants that tight anyway, but they do fit better. I would think though it's about a month and a half of eating right and working out to start to ferl and notice a healthier version of ourselves. Hopefully.