First week - first frustrating moment

Options
Hey, I'm Nina, a 31yo from Munich and I've started with my diet 1 week ago. Last monday. The week wasn't easy because I was very impressed by all the food and calories which remembered me every day why I'm as "fluffy" as I am. But: I reached my target - 1.350kcal per day. Strike! Today - Monday - I weighted myself for the first time, very nervous and in a positive mood. I put on weight. From 79,5kg to 80,5kg. I wanna cry. Maybe you want to help me with this here or as MyFitnessPal-friend. Thank you.

Replies

• cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Oh no... were you wearing different clothing? weighing at a different time? What about the food, were you accurately accounting for your food? Perhaps your serving measurements were to large. It is possible that it may just take a bit for your body to catch up. DONT GIVE UP. You can do this. Sending you a friend request.
  • DandySaltCrackers
    DandySaltCrackers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just wanted to tell you that your weight changes alot during the day. Anyway, I'm in no way an expert, but what I'm sure of is that you need to focus on your measurements and not your weight. You should focus on losing your fat mass, that is if your goal is to lose weight. And don't forget it's just your first week, so your not really gonna see any changes, YET.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Trends are what matter. You can change a lot of weight due to things like hormones,time of day, hydration level, how much fiber or carbs ect
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You're also a woman, so depending on where you are in your cycle, you could be holding onto temporary water weight. Or it could be something as simple as having had a higher sodium meal which also makes you retain water.

Here's a handy chart that will give you some other ideas:

uutr3z15wusn.jpg

• highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We've all be brainwashed for years to thinking that losing week in - week out should be expected .... its not ... Give it time... i know how much it hurts in the early days when you see the numbers fluctuate but they do ... really ... over this past weekend my weight was up/down by 1-2kg day by day ... its ridiculous ... Keep at it - its the long-term trend you're interested in
  • brandybgeorge
    brandybgeorge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!