Mc Donald's Caramael Frappe's are the Devil!

Options
I love those things, :drinker: but about a month ago I quit getting them because I had no idea how many calories they contained, let alone the sugar. :noway: I found out a Med. 16 oz. size has 550 calories, 24 g. fat, 76 g. carbs., and 71 g. of sugar. :sad:

The worst part is, I would get them a couple times a day, five days a week.

But since I have been off of them , things are going a lot better for me.
Just sayin'.- :laugh:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Put the Frappe down and Back away from McDonalds! Just walk away, walk away.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats for walking away and STAYING away from them.....
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    Good for you that you stopped getting them.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If I go to McD or BK it's because I KNOW what I'm doing.....I'm about to eat bad food and I planned it that way, LOL!

Other than that all fast food is the devil to me.

Doesn't mean I don't want it a few times a year :devil:
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    oh yes they are.... sinfully delish... but oh so high in calories....havent had one since i found out how many calories were in them.since being here in april...miss them but not the 30 pounds... :-)
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    They are quite yummy! :) What I do to give myself a treat is go to starbucks, ask for caramel sugar free syrup in iced coffee... it's delicious!!!! And low-fat! :)
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    I agree they are just pure sugar. But now that you know, I think it's ok for an occasional treat, maybe once a month. But I've found those sugary coffee drinks do become addicting and do increase sugar cravings and for me, I'm better off sticking to sugar-free options and limiting those to once or twice per week.

The best thing about this site is all the foods are on here and I love the mobile app so I can check to see what I'm eating before I even order it (most of the time). Keep up the great work and recognizing what we eat is great progress!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Glad you figured that out. :laugh: Here's a hint for the future.... anything with "Caramel" in the name probably isn't good for losing weight. :wink: (unless, of course, it starts off with SF or FF)
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Wow! It's amazing when you find out what is in some things!! I found myself at McDonald's on Monday, hardly ever go, and was wondering if there was anything there I could eat. I ordered the Asian salad and was very happy with it and it was low in calories. I was surprised. My son wasn't so good and had a Big Mac. I shared with him what was inside his meal when we got home and he was shocked. Congrats on staying away from them now!! That's awesome!! :smile:
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Besides the brain freeze, I don't like the taste. Too much sweet, not enough coffee.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I loved the mocha ones and used to get the large ones until I found out the truth about them:devil: every once in awhile for a treat I might get one of their small smoothies instead
  • colleen656
    colleen656 Posts: 25
    Options
    i swear mc donalds and the like will kill us all:angry:
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love them! I have one day a month where "anything goes!", and the caramel frappe almost always makes the list!