Favorite Go To's

Options
AngelWitch1205
AngelWitch1205 Posts: 6 Member
I'm very interested in everyone's favorite go to meals and snacks, especially if they're high protein. Thanks!

Replies

• maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Marinated chicken breast with some sort of "matching" rice - e.g. tandoori chicken with pilau rice; chipotle chicken with Cajun spicy rice; soy, chilli and ginger chicken with Chinese fried rice. I griddle the chicken (well I actually use my sous vide wand then finish it off under the griddle, but you can just do it all on the griddle if you want to!), and serve with some veg - normally spinach with the tandoori chicken, sweetcorn and peppers with the chipotle chicken and mixed stir fried veg with the soy chicken.
  • Josetteobi
    Josetteobi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    premier protein iced coffee- I use chocolate shake and gevalia iced coffee ready made in fridge section. I add a splash of creamer- these days, it's almond joy, and I pour it over crushed ice. 30 grams of protein
  • robm1brown
    robm1brown Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon and spinach.
    Bacon sandwich (really not as bad as people imagine)
    Prawns to snack on
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky as a snack
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad made with salsa and mustand - no mayo.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4 to 6 oz. of smoked salmon, 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, and raw red onion on a wheat english muffin.

About 400 to 500 calories depending on how much salmon you use and can be thrown together in 5 minutes. High protein/fat so very filling, very reasonable calories for the volume, and quite tasty!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Tuscan baked fish...at least once per week for dinner...fast and easy.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A quick meal prep I make for my lunches a lot:
    Bird's Eye steamer bag of zucchini-lentil rotini in tomato sauce
    Boneless skinless chicken thighs
    a few kalamata olives
    diced onion
    diced mushrooms
    sometimes some zucchini
    a couple diced roma tomatoes
    2 oz tomato paste
    minced garlic

I sautee the veggies and olives together with a little EVOO and the garlic until the onion is browned, then add in the chicken until cooked through. I mix in the tomato paste and the steamer pasta bag in at the end until combined. Sometimes I'll throw a little parm on the top.
    Tada! I split the whole pan between 2-3 containers for lunch. YUM.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. Most of it just gets thrown together after a rough chop, and I often use the chicken thigh strips that you can pick up fresh or frozen. Any protein works here though. I've also used left over keilbasa, italian sausage, and ground beef.
  • PeakLiving17
    PeakLiving17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Something I discovered I enjoy. Pepperoni dipped in mayo or Garlic Bread, Pepperoni and Mayo. For either a meal or snack. Yum!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Tuna with mayo and avocado!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Salmon gyro, http://damndelicious.net/2013/03/05/broiled-salmon-gyros-with-cucumber-feta-yogurt-dip/

I just use the Tzatziki sauce sold at walmart.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    Salmon gyro, http://damndelicious.net/2013/03/05/broiled-salmon-gyros-with-cucumber-feta-yogurt-dip/

Is that tzatziki any good? Is it the walmart brand? I'm kinda picky about my tzatziki so I get nervous trying new ones LOL
  • kevinf2380
    Options

Is that tzatziki any good? Is it the walmart brand? I'm kinda picky about my tzatziki so I get nervous trying new ones LOL

It's not bad. It's not the Walmart brand. You find it in the produce section.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Greek yogurt! Always flavored so that I needn't add in fruits or chocolate or something to make plain Greek yogurt palatable.
  • kevinf2380
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Tzatziki = greek yogurt + diced pickle + clove of garlic + salt + pepper

Why would you ever buy it?

It's convenient.