Running armband suggestions

Options
Really struggling to find a running armband that fits well and doesn't come off. Had 2 now and they have been rubbish. Any ideas? Ebay? Amazon?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Sports direct and had no problems with it.

I can start and stop Endomondo through the cover and it never slips after I close the velcro fastener.
  • Italiandiva38
    Italiandiva38 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I purchased this armband for my iPhone and I love it. I've had a few different brands and so far this is the best: Mediabridge Armband for iPhone 6S / 6 - Includes 3 Silicone Case.
  • goaltndr
    goaltndr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out quad lock. It is awesome.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of armbands. Prefer belts (I use a spi belt)
  • cmo246
    cmo246 Posts: 10 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Got a flip belt a few days ago and have used it several times now, so much easier to run with than the arm band. Fits my phone and keys and they don't move around at all. (training for a marathon so it's perfect for long distance running when I also need to bring snacks/fuel)
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Gave up on running armbands. The belts work so much better.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,424 Member
    Options
    Gave up on running armbands. The belts work so much better.

But only if you have the right body shape. If you happen to have wide hips and a small waist, and maybe even a good amount of muscles on your hips then a belt doesn't work. It leaves your hips and travels upwards to jump around there. Of course you could fasten it tightly around your smallest point but that limits breathing.

I hold my phone. Only thing that works properly for me. I do use a small buddy pouch for my keys and other small items though.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I gave up on an armband because I out long enough that I end up changing what I'm listening to and want access to it. I just hold my phone and put my key in a pocket in my shorts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have a belt and or pocket in my shorts/leggings instead of an armband
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I do something that's probably very stupid. I put my phone in my sports bra :o
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I use a buddy pouch, it's a magnetic pouch that attaches to your waistband and you barely notice it's there. I've tried armbands and belts over the years, but this is the best thing ever. I wear it at the back of my waistband and pull my top down over it, you can't really see it then.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    I do something that's probably very stupid. I put my phone in my sports bra :o

I dare not do that when I run. I do that during my cool down, though.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    For phone, I find that it's just too heavy for an armband... I either hold it or put it in a belt/bandoleer.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Belt fan here, too. Never found an arm band I liked. I just got a cheap one at TJ Maxx. Seems to do the job.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap Mpow armband which I've found comfortable and secure. I've found similar to @yirara that when I wear a belt, it has to be around my waist, which means if I have the bottles in it, it interferes with my arm movement. I do use one for my long runs when I need to take liquid/food with me, but I just don't find it ideal unfortunately.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I struggle with an armband but I still like it better than a belt and holding it in my hands. It's the least terrible of the options for me.

I found that the arm band is most comfortable when secured relatively loosely and worn down low, barely above my elbow. This way, the bend of my arm provides the most support to hold the band up and I don't have to cinch it any tighter than is needed just to keep it from bouncing around.

One tip that's probably common knowledge (and I'm nowhere near as clever as I think I am)...put your phone in the case upside down. It makes it easier to access the phone on the fly because the phone will be oriented right side up when looking down at it on your arm.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I bought the knock off of a flip belt and love it!!! I've had it for over a year now and use it while running, walking, lifting and cycling. It has a clip inside for your keys too. Any size phone will fit in it. I bought it through Amazon. I tried many armbands and you have to buy the right size for your phone and I find it irritates my arm if it's too tight, but slips if it's not.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Another Flipbelt disciple here. I have an iPhone 6s+ and the prospect of wearing that on my arm would be like adding another limb. I'm not sure they even make an armband for the ginormous phones? I used to use a handheld thing, which was Ok but got annoying on longer runs. I'm really happy with the belt.