Roller Derby Girl Here!

Options
Hi! I've been on MFP before but haven't made friends. I'm almost 30, no kids just cats, and would love to have some friends on here. I've got 100lbs + to lose, but I'm breaking it down to smaller goals (right now-20lbs, then eventually 50lbs). I play Roller Derby, and if you do too, please message me so we can talk about the awesomeness of the sport. :smile:

Replies

• dbahelenparr
    dbahelenparr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In my mind I'm a roller derby girl, does that count? I loved Whip It and when a rink opened in my town a few years ago, I told my friends, "that's it, we're forming a roller derby team!" We're in our 40s so everyone got a good laugh out of that one, but I like to imagine I could be that bada$$!
    This is also my second time using MFP to get back on track. When I returned, only one of my six MFP friends (all real life friends) is still using MFP, so I've started looking for friendly support in the forums. I'm finding it encouraging and motivating to share support with others. Feel free it add me, I'd love to hear more about roller derby!
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really WANT to be a roller derby girl! :smiley: I have 165 lbs to lose.
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just joined Fresh Meat and had my 5th practice last night. Talk about a work out! And it's so mental. I'm hoping it also helps with weight loss. Do you still play? I feel like derby is all I want to talk about now and just learn everything. I really have to get on my skates more and practice a bunch.