Following all the rules

Options
I am having a hard time losing weight. I am following all the diet and exercise rules and I am staying at the exact same weight. Anyone with suggestions on how to boost metabolism naturally.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose the harder it is to lose. Just keep up the good work and don't give up.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? What exactly are you doing now?
    Many people don't see the scales change much, but notice clothes fitting better. Exercise adds muscle and can negate fat loss.
    Don't get discouraged!
  • sexybeautifulme
    sexybeautifulme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's how I felt until I started to keep a log of everything I ate. Then I realized how high in fat my diet was and how many more calories than I thought I was eating I was really eating! If you are just getting started, a food log will help you figure it out.
  • jennifer413
    Options
    I have been at my exercise routine for about 2 months. The diet improvement for about 1 month. I work out in a gym every morning taking 1 day a week off. Cardio for 30-40 minutes getting my heart rate up to 165-170 for more then half the time. At least 30 minutes is dedicated to strength training alternating upper body with lower each day. I do notice clothes fitting better but not as much as I would expect. I do keep a log of everything I consume.