New to MyFitnesspal :-)

Options
Hi Everyone!

My name is Mya and I'm new to MyFitnesspal. I gained almost 50 pounds in the past couple of years due to hypothyroidism and no matter what I did was not able to loose the weight. Recently I started attending a local weight loss clinic and finally started to see results. I've had to completely change the way I eat!! I figure if I was able to quit smoking on my own about 8 years ago, I should be able to do this. Controlling what we eat is so much difficult than quitting smoking! My doctor has me on a restrictive calorie diet for six more weeks while I learn how to eat. I'm looking forward to share this journey with others!

Replies

• Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck. Add me if you wish.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mya! I hope you like it here as much as I do! Good luck to you!
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a fantastic place to continue your journey. Everyone here is so inspiring and always helpful. I am so happy to have found it too.

Don't be shy. Add anyone you want to your friends. The more friends, the more motivation is what I have found. :flowerforyou:
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    Add me if you wish:)
    Best of luck to you!
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome Mya! I also have hypothyroidism & take meds to stabilize the hormones. This can be done with a lot of work & patience. Just hang in there & keep on keeping on! This is a GREAT site with lots of moral support & advice that has kept me going longer than usual before I give up & gain it all back. I'm not gonna do that this time around & intend to get the weight off FOR GOOD! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like--I'd love to be your friend on this journey! :flowerforyou:
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome. As said before, you can add anyone as a friend. It's nice to have friend's that will be there for you when you need a little encouragement or boost.
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and like the others said, befriend some people. It is nice to see what others do to change their diet and exercise programs plus any tips they may have to share.