I'm clueless...Help!

Options
Hi guys,
I'm 32 years old. I'm wanting to lose 20 lbs and keep it off!!! I've already lost 4 BUT I already feel myself slipping back to bad habits (CURSE YOU McD'S!!! lol) ......Anyway I know I need friends that wiill definitely help motivate me. I've tried to add people that say they want to be buddies, but it's been 3 days and no one has accepted my request. I don't know if I'm requesting them right....so if you can add me nursepeachez that would be great! LETS DO THIS! :-)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up with it and you will find yourself making better decisions. But It is all up to you. Think before you choose. Even McDonalds. Get a salad, small burger and water or a kids meal with water. Take the food out of the store so you are not smelling it and are tempted to go back for more.
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's a learning process. Small changes at a time will eventually lead to a total change. Feel free to add me, I am learning also.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only thing I get at McD's is the Oatmeal...they serve it all day, so if my son drags me there for lunch, that's what I get :) I'll add you!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    The only thing I let myself get at McDonalds: Their apple-yogurt thing, or a non-fat mocha. Also, since changing my eating habits to fit the calorie limits on here, I have so much more energy! It pays off! You can do it!

P.S. I'm very into fitness and nutrition and I have a lot of knowledge (Which I love to share!) if you have any questions or want to chat with me/friend me/etc. I was just... ignoring the things I know for a long time, and I'm finally buckling down and "taking my own advice" so to speak.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's a learning process. Small changes at a time will eventually lead to a total change.

What she said. The only thing that's ever really worked for me (and I've tried to climb the glass mountain of weight loss for a LONG time!) is keeping track of the numbers. It used to be such a pain to do that, but with this site (and the app for my phone), I can track the numbers so easily!

Here's my two cents...enter your calories in and out here....no matter what they are. If you log 2,500 calories one day, that's what it is. Be ruthlessly honest about this, and refuse to beat yourself up AT ALL. You may find that really knowing the numbers will affect your eating decisions in a natural way.

Just yesterday I was thinking about this...I kept up on my numbers through the day, and by dinner time, I didn't have enough calories left to do the meal I had planned. Ok, then....I redesigned the meal to stay under the numbers, and it was no hardship at all in terms of satisfaction and fullness. I reflected afterwards that without using MFP, and logging faithfully and truthfully, I wouldn't have made that kind of change....
  • dscheel
    dscheel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It can be done...I am 56 almost 57 had weight problems all my life...made my mind up about two years ago that I was going to change. Started to think of my self in a new way...how to re-invent...so I started little things...journaling...planning...weight started to drop slow...didn't want to set goals to high made goals like I want to lose 5 lbs in two months....before I knew it I saw me changing....lost over 100 lbs and have kept it off for six months now. Let my hair go to the natural grey...I did start changing to that when I was 17......started to buy smaller clothes...now down to 8-10 size from a 22-24. So it can be done...just don't obsess...and set small reachable goals...like I will journal for a week then it starts to become a habit. I also carry what I refer to as my portable snacks at all times...apples, almonds (weighed all ready) so at no time will I do the drive thru.

Hope this helps...
  • Sloron
    Sloron Posts: 18
    Options
    Good Luck. We are all here for the same reason. Much easier when other people are helping or their to support. Feel free to add.