Any carb addicts out there?

I have 5 stone to lose. I'm 16st and 5ft 8. Size 18-20. 46 years old. Live in France. Pescatarian.

My biggest difficulty is overcoming my carb addiction.

Replies

• Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    me. Will happily live just of carbs. Trying reducing potion sizes, and staying within calorie limits. It can be done:)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Weight loss is all about calories. Just stay within daily calorie goals and you will lose weight.

I like food that happens to have carbs - Ice cream: carbs, fat, protein. Pizza: carbs, fat, protein. But I don't eliminate those foods, instead I learn to eat moderate portions.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have 5 stone to lose. I'm 16st and 5ft 8. Size 18-20. 46 years old. Live in France. Pescatarian.

My biggest difficulty is overcoming my carb addiction.

Hi, I'm Pescatarian too and find it extremely difficult to keep my daily carbs under 100g, in fact I'm not sure I have ever done this. I'm just happy now if I can keep my protein higher than my carbs but that can mean eating a lot and if you mix the wrong foods into all that eating, well it's a recipe for disaster, weight wise obviously.

Do you eat bread? I rarely eat bread because my carbs are high in other places and this just exacerbates the carb content but sometimes even an apple throws my carbs really high. I just try my best to keep carbs around 100 anyway.
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2017
    I LOVE CARBS! And while I don't subscribe to "no carbs", I know that my definition of a "normal sized bowl of pasta" was a bit out of whack (spare bucket anyone?)

I've found that the less carbs I eat, the less I crave them....probably like any addiction/habit......but this takes time. Just stick with it until your cravings diminish and grind your way through the tough times.

It gets easier! Bonne chance!