breakfast ideas

Options
I am having trouble with breakfast. I know i have way to many calories in my breakfast. Does anyone have any filling ideas that won't break my calorie bank?:ohwell:

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am having trouble with breakfast. I know i have way to many calories in my breakfast. Does anyone have any filling ideas that won't break my calorie bank?:ohwell:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have sometime 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 pieces of sara lee 45 cal bread and 1 wedge laughing cow cheese..thats like 185 cals and I am stuffed!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Yogurt with a cup of fresh blueberries
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    What do you usually eat? I usually try to get the most calories in in my breakfast, then lunch and the least for dinner. I may have a bowl of Cheerios and a banana or a bagel with light cream cheese. I usually average about 300 for breakfast. I don't get so hungry at lunch.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I bought a microwave omlette cooker at Walmart and now I make myself a yummy omlette at work.

I put 1 C of frozen vegetables in it, close the lid and zap them for 3 minutes.
    add 1/2 C of egg beaters and zap for 1 minute
    Top with a slice of Pepper Jack cheese and zap for 30 seconds more.

190 Calories, 2 gm fiber, 6 gm fat, 18 gm protein

Today I had it with a banana and a Thomas' 100 Calorie English Muffin.

I make all the people in the office jealous, including the ones eating donuts.
  • gia80
    gia80 Posts: 8
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a slim fast shake! Not the can, the powder mixed with skim milk. It has tons of protein, it's chocolate, and very quick so I can get out the door. We have a Magic Bullet shake mixer and have used that baby for almost every morning for a year. Throw some milk, powder, an ice cube, and you're all set! It's 200 calories which I've found is just right for morning and will keep me full until about 10 o'clock snack. Good luck! For me, cutting down calories in the beginning of the day has been a GREAT help for the evening, when I am very, very hungry.
  • mommyofone
    Options
    I normally just eat fruit and drink a glass of OJ
  • Periphria
    Options
    I have a package of instant oatmeal and a large (about two cups) glass of water.

It's fast and easy and then I grab a piece of fruit about three hours later.

That holds me until lunch.

Good luck
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I havent ever liked oatmeal, but I just found out that if I make it and add 1/4 c Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt...its SOOO yummy! and as a bonus, it keeps me full for hours. I used Quaker instant...the Weight control one.

I also like the Biggest Losers egg white muffin sandwich..easy and quick and I think its under 200 cal. and very filling.
  • DevaFae
    Options
    Slimfast Optima and a piece of fruit. Its quick, healthy and keeps me full for several hours. I also like egg whites, toast and a veggie sausage patty on the weekends. :smile:
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just had a very yummy breakfast from the BL cookbook. You basically take a banana, cut it half length-wise, put some reduced fat peanut butter (1 Tbls) on the slices. Then you add about 1/3 cup of Boston Cream Pie-flavored yogurt, and top it with 2 Tbls grapenuts. It was so delicious and about 293 calories.
  • ren25
    ren25 Posts: 58
    Options
    Im not a big fan of breakfast but i usually have a package of quarker oatmeal and a yorgurt and then a piece of fruit a few hours later and that holds me until lunch,
    140922.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had 1/2 cup egg beaters, laughing cow light swiss cheese wedge, latortilla factory original tortilla and 1 slice of jennie-o turkey bacon. The total came out to about 150 odd calories w/hot sauce included. Very filling.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    When I do early workouts and only have a few minutes I grab a yogurt and some blueberries, if i'm still hungry I grab 6 cashew nuts - sounds silly but they're very filling. Other days i'll grab a granola (fruit and trail mix) bar and apple sauce. I like to get fruit in in a morning, it tends to give me more energy for the day. I avoid cooked sandwiches and grilled foods simply because they make me feel more lethargic.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Today I made an egg mcmuffin... 1 large egg, whipped and microwaved for 30 seconds, plunked on a Thomas light multigrain english muffin (toasted of course) and sprinkled with fat free shredded cheddar cheese. With an 8 oz glass of low sodium V-8, it was all about 250 calories.

Sometimes I have Quaker instant weight control (I like the added protein) oatmeal. If I have the banana bread flavor, I slice half a banana into it and sprinkle it with walnuts. If I have the cinnamon or maple and brown sugar flavors, I add a tablespoon each of raisins and sliced almonds. That comes to around 300 calories.

Sometimes I make a veggie omelet with whatever I can find in the fridge and 1 whole egg and two egg whites. Sprinkled with low fat or fat free cheese, can be had for 300 or less calories.

Every now and then, I'll make a fruit and yogurt parfait with 1/2 cup each blueberries and chopped strawberries and 1/2 banana. Layer each with vanilla yoplait yogurt and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Kashi Go-Lean cereal. About 250-300 calories.

When I'm really lazy, just a bowl of Kashi Go-Lean with milk. About 200 calories.
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat a slice of toast with a little peanut butter and sliced banana on top every day. I stick to this so I don't have to think about it, I just wake up and make it. Super easy and yummy!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a slim fast shake! Not the can, the powder mixed with skim milk. It has tons of protein, it's chocolate, and very quick so I can get out the door. We have a Magic Bullet shake mixer and have used that baby for almost every morning for a year. Throw some milk, powder, an ice cube, and you're all set! It's 200 calories which I've found is just right for morning and will keep me full until about 10 o'clock snack. Good luck! For me, cutting down calories in the beginning of the day has been a GREAT help for the evening, when I am very, very hungry.

I love Slimfast shakes for breakfast. My favourites are the chocolate with a frozen banana and strawberry with a half cup of frozen blueberries, made with skim milk. So good it feels bad but it's nutritious. :happy:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg and one thomas light english muffin with jam. Yum! It fills you up and tastes so good. A little dab of hot sauce adds kick to the egg.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    :frown: You know I find in Canada as thats where I am at, we dont see as wide of a selection of foods this is especialy true when it comes to anything calorie wise thats breakfast. We have smartones some not all the weightwatchers foods are hitting the shelves. My issue with breakfast is I always eat it at work and right in my line of sight from my desk no less is this EVIL vending machine full of doritoes ,,, a line of chocolait bars and pop ( thankgod contains diet pepsi) Now I never had a control issues but this is what happens... I am hungry ... couple bucks in my pocket and conviece of the vending machine..we are actuly sick of whats in it but when your hungry right.
    So this is how I tackle my breakfast. Half a begal plain.. one teaspoon of cream cheese... sounds like caloric hell but you need something to hold you well in the am. I have it with one pack of oatmeal instant Main thing I find is serving size... thats the key.
    I am new to this but another trick I used to replace butter in foods ( not breakfasts) cottage cheese lowfat mixed with low fat sour cream on a potatoe...mmmm great for lunch.. good on mash potatoes too...
    H