Uugh! TGI Friday nutrition or lack of!

Options
I am so annoyed. I ate at TGI Fridays today and had the soup, salad, breadstick combo. The broccoli cheese soup is sooo unhealthy! I couldn't believe it.

http://www.tgifridays.com/menu/pdfs/Nutritional.pdf

500 calories
38 g fat
16 g saturated
6 g trans
1600 sodium
26 carbs

"When it comes to fat, trans fat is considered by some doctors to be the worst type of fat. Unlike other fats, trans fat — also called trans-fatty acids — both raises your "bad" (LDL) cholesterol and lowers your "good" (HDL) cholesterol.

Trans fat is made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil through a process called hydrogenation, which makes the oil less likely to spoil. Using trans fats in the manufacturing of foods helps foods stay fresh longer, have a longer shelf life and have a less greasy feel." -Mayo Clinic

Last time I eat out without checking the nutrition first!

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    That is brutal especially the trans fats, but at the same time the calories are not a surprise for any soup with cheese in it nor the sodium numbers.
  • wendibartel
    wendibartel Posts: 132
    Options
    I was recently reading something from Yahoo on the top 20 worst resturant foods and Fridays was said to be one of the worst for everything.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I know, they usually put tons of cheap fat and salt in every dish. I ate there once in my life, only veggie dishes thinking it should not be that bad... and I had horrible heart burn after, and I usually never get heart burns ....
  • dpul1218
    dpul1218 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow can't believe it's that much! I try to look for healthier things at Ruby Tuesdays too.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    In general, broccoli cheese soup is pretty unhealthy. You live and learn. Now you'll know for next time. Hope it tasted good anyway!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    what did you think you were getting with cheddar broc soup??? Sounds delish.
  • PixieThin
    PixieThin Posts: 57
    Options
    One of my GF will check the nutrition facts online before she goes out to eat anywhere.. It's a great idea. ;) Maybe next time will be better for you.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. A couple were a little harsh but it's all good.
  • nichpatt
    nichpatt Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey! Try this website: Dotti's Weight Loss Zone - http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html . Although it is geared around Weight Watchers Points, it also has the calories, fat, etc. for multiple dishes at various restaurants. You can check it before you go to the restaurant. That's what I try to do most of the times. I'm still working on the discipline though because when eating with others who aren't dieting...other dishes can be so tempting.

Good luck! :smile: