I'm stuck - please help

Options
I'm stuck. I'm trying to increase my activity level, so I'm burning more calories. I'm also watching my calorie intake. I am at 166 lb and have a goal of 145. I'm holding my calore intake to about 1200/day, and burning 300 calories or more almost daily by jogging. But my weight is STUCK, and I don't understand why. Any tips or strategies to get some results and get off this plateau?

Replies

• SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    Are you only jogging? If you create a routine, your body learns this and sometimes it stops the weight loss. Try mixing it up. Start doing some sprints in your routine, then do some weight lifting or some type of calisthenics. Something that gets your heart going, but isn't just running. I hit that plateau myself before... just gotta change your routine. :) Best of luck.
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    eat your exercise calories! =)
  • s_cheryl
    s_cheryl Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm not sure, but maybe changing up the type of exercise you're doing and/or the types of food you're consuming would help. I know in the past when I have hit a plateau this helped me...kind of woke up my metabolism again! Try cycling, swimming or weight training instead of jogging for a couple of weeks and try a few new foods/recipes...hopefully it will give you that kick-start you're looking for. Good luck!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Try mixing it up! Different exercise, more/less/different cal intake. keep your body guessing, maybe it's got used to your routine.
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sometimes adding more calories or just having a "splurge" meal will jump start your metabolism to start losing again. You probably do need to eat part of your exercise calories. It seems to work for lots of people. Keep up the good work! Love your profile picture!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    any changes in your measurements? maybe you are gaining lean body mass instead! and if not- maybe try doing more strength training to build muscle and boost your metabolism? just a few thoughts:) best of luck, i know how frustrating it is when you feel like you're doing everything and you get stuck! been there!
  • amandakaye2011
    Options
    my trainer told me its about high interval training.... you need to spike your heart beart as high as you can then bring it back to normal, then to it again! and if you are lifting weights or using machines you should do those before you cardio!!!! it burns more calories!!!!! good luck with this!!!!!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mixing it up actually does help, I started at 165 and went down to 156 and I was stuck - my only workout was jogging but once I started incorporating other workouts I started losing weight again I'm down to 143 now. My more intense workouts are at the end of the week

Monday:OFF
    Tuesday and Wednesday: power walking around my neighborhood
    Thursday and Friday: high impact aerobics video or any video
    Saturday and Sunday: jogging
  • bestcpm
    bestcpm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try doing some work with light weights.