Greek yogurt (breakfast)

Options
nursekirsty
nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
Hi

Does anyone have any good flavour combinations that I could add to my Greek yogurt for breakfast?

Nothing with grapefruit as allergic

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like lemon yogurt with raspberries, Kashi Go Lean (cereal) and slivered almonds. This gives me protein, fiber & fat.

Target has a yummy store brand (Simply Balanced) Pumpkin Pie Greek yogurt on sale this week! I like to sprinkle Grapenuts (cereal) on top. A little like graham crust, but much less sugar.

Vanilla Greek with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) is yummy.
  • catherinewigley7
    catherinewigley7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it with frozen strawberries. It's lovely
  • valkongr
    valkongr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Honey
  • davidware5144
    davidware5144 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, Strawberries, Honey and a small amount of muesli
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have various combinations of fruit with my morning Greek yogurt (banana, berries, peaches/nectarines, sometimes a selection of tropical fruit like mango, pineapple, papaya and passion fruit).

I don't normally add anything to sweeten it but honey is a lovely option if you wanted to. Walnuts if you have the calories.

This morning I had a big bowl of strawberries and peaches with full fat Total and it was delicious! I love Greek yogurt :)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Chopped dates, coconut, dark chocolate
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Coconut chips.
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Granola, Greek yoghurt and blueberries is my slightly luxurious non-workday breakfast. The granola brand I get (Tesco Finest Seven Nut Granola) packs almost 250 calories for a 50g portion, but you can easily get lower-cal granolas, or alternatively make your own with some toasted oats and a few nuts or seeds.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I do vanilla yogurt with some peaches (normally from a can because I'm lazy); granola if I have any nearby
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My current favorite thing is to mix some almond or walnut butter into some plain greek yogurt.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The Greek Gods Honey flavored Greek Yogurt needs no helpful additions.
    But, if you must, powdered peanuts are a brilliant idea. Granola is something I like to add, I also like to add berries.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Honey and walnuts, honey and toasted almonds, all sorts of berries, slices peaches (fresh or in syrup), granola, corn flakes.
    If you are going for something savoury, a pinch of salt and mint or any other herb you have, or salt and thinly sliced cucunber or carrot sticks and you can also add croutons if you like.
    If you have more time to prepare and need a variation, greek yoghurt makes awesome frozen yoghurt. Either mix with sugar or another sweetener, or add in fruit puree, or fresh fruit in small cubes.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love chobani coconut yogurt and I sometimes top it with fiber one cereal if I want some crunch.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love plain Fage 2%. Mix-ins include:
    unsweetened coconut flakes
    PB powder/peanut butter/other nut butter
    Granola (Bear Naked is low sugar and delicious!)
    low sugar jam or other fruit compote
    fresh or frozen berries
    your favorite protein powder
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My go-to is vanilla greek yogurt with blueberries and one tablespoon of almond butter mixed in. So good!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nut butter or PB2 and Fiber One or Grapenuts. (Dark cocoa powder is also good!)
  • hazesreptiles
    hazesreptiles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla greek yogurt with a frozen berry mix.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My go protein breakfast on training days at work is blackberries in Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Banana Cream with a cup of Kashi Go Lean Chocolate (or plain, whatever I can find), and an Ingnitor French Vanilla Cappuccino K-cup (only 70 calories and need the caffeine kick).
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use it as a dip, like I'll get a Quaker Breakfast Square (they're so hearty!) and dip it into my yogurt and eat it like that. Dried fruit is great, have you ever heard of graze? I get a lot of graze boxes and I'm always tossing their preportioned granola toppers or dried fruit punnets into my yogurts.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sliced peaches, with a spoonful of Polaner Raspberry All-Fruit or a spoonful of PB, sweetener if you need it and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.