What time do you workout?

Options

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have to go in the morning. I have a nutty job and it's rare that I am out on time. And, by the time 8 pm rolls around, I'm exhausted. I also don't typically have a long enough lunch break to get in a good work out.

Instead, I've found the positives of going early. My gym is right across from my work and if I get out the door around 6:30, I beat the bulk of the heavy traffic. I usually get a great parking spot in my building too. And, I like how my morning workout wakes me up and puts me in a positive mood for the day.
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like to get my workout in first thing in the morning, that way its over and done with and I can get on with the rest of my day.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    depends what is on my training plan for the day - if its a run/weights - I try to knock it out in the am; If its a swim - I do with am (if Monday or Thursday) or in the evening (the other days); cycling is typically at night
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    During the week (Mon - Thurs) first thing in the morning and I go for a brisk walk couple of hours after dinner.

The weekend varies depending on how I feel and what I have going on.

I don't need motivation now, but when I was losing seeing small changes and improvements on my body (losing an inch here and there, seeing my face getting smaller etc.) kept me going.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have to leave for work at 6am so working out in the morning is not an option for me lol. I strive to workout at 4:30pm. If I worked a typical 9 to 5 I'd probably workout in the morning though.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Love a morning workout but unfortunately my Crossfit Box only opens early 1 morning a week. I'll run early one morning a week too. otherwise its after i have walked the dog but before dinner. I am lucky and don't have any family commitments apart from the dog so can use this pattern. if i had a choice though it would be first thing!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I work at 7 am. I wake up at 4:35, get dressed/coffee/feed cats/commute to gym near work, work out between 5:40 and 6:15, get ready in locker room and get to work about 6:50. I do not enjoy working out in the evenings and I'm definitely a morning person anyway so it works alright. I wished I didn't have to work till 8 and could push everything back an hour, but what are you going to do. My motivation is I don't want to gain weight, but I still like a lot of food and beer.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    It depends on what my agenda is for the day. Like today, since I have plans after work I exercised this morning. I prefer it in the morning but I notice that when I do it at night I don't really eat much after that so if I'm looking to shed a couple sodium or water weight pounds, I'll do it when I get home from work.
  • cherriblizz
    cherriblizz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work at 5:30am so I wake up at 3am and I'm at the gym by 4am. I know that if I don't get it done before my shift that it wont get done at all. I just get it out of the way first thing in the morning, it's what works for me. Especially those days when I get a real good workout in, it puts me in a great mood for the rest of the day.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I workout at 6am, I just can't do 5pm it is really hot outside - that's my motivation to get up and go.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I work graveyards then come home and workout between around 9:30am-noon. I try to be back home showered and in bed for noon.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning. If I don't get it out of the way, I will come up with every excuse in the book to avoid it after work.
  • Evemaier11
    Evemaier11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Between 7pm - 10pm after the kids have been fed, bathed, and bed. I'm definitely not a morning person.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I generally like to work out in the morning, since it's when the Texas weather is most bearable and it gets it out of the way. However my work schedule is shifting next week, so I'll be coming in for a full-time shift but also get off early enough that I can run in the evenings.
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do yoga through an iPad/iPhone app called YogaGlo. I complete specific programs, currently on a strength-building program, and these programs run for several weeks at a time where you schedule your classes (typically 3 classes per week). I like structure, so I always schedule mine for Sun/Tue/Thu in the mornings, and then Mon/Wed/Fri I go to the gym for an hour with my partner. Because his schedule varies, and we like to go together, evening gym time is less dependable than sticking to my morning home-practice yoga schedule.

I prefer mornings, even if it's super early, because I find I have more energy to get through my day. When I work out in the evening, I always struggle to fall asleep.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You guys inspired me I was up 5:45 this morning for a run before work. I swim or hike weekends but struggled to do weights and run during week lately.
    Thats some dedication getting up before 5 am :)
    I am not a morning person but if I stick with morning workouts at least I can have some family time and time to study after work.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning. Typically 430-5am. I don't have any other "me" time the rest of the day so it works for me.
  • steelaxitute2127
    steelaxitute2127 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If I'm working out during the week, then I work out twice a day, once during my lunch break from 1230-1330ish and then again from 1800 to about 1900. If it's the weekends, then it depends on the day and the sports season I'm in. I play rugby, women's tackle football and flag football, so my weekends in season usually consist of working out/playing with teammates.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5am during the week and 8:30am on weekends
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We have a rack/weights at home, so I lift with my husband 3 days a week in the evenings, but I'm at the gym most mornings by 5:00am - that's when I do my cardio. As for motivation, honestly, it's just a matter of putting your feet on the floor and doing it. After a few years, it's become habit. Go early, get it done, come home, begin the day getting kids ready, myself ready...work, etc. It just sets the tone for the day.