Stress

Options
In the past, stress has always triggered eating for me. Today I'm experiencing the opposite with a complete lack of appetite (just found out I may be losing my job).

How does stress affect you: appetite stimulant or suppressant?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of stress, and I haven't really found a discernible pattern. But I have noticed this - when I'm busy, I tend to not want to eat, when I'm bored, I only want to eat.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed I don't eat and tend to self medicate with alcohol. Bad combo.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I know some people who can't eat when stressed because their stomach is churning. I eat when I'm stressed - as does my mother, so it might be genetic (or learned behaviour). I changed jobs just before I started losing weight - if I'd been in my old job still I would have been vastly overweight and not exercising as it was very stressful. I needed to unwind from that before I could give myself time to take a look at myself and decide I needed to shape up.
  • carolinelanewa
    carolinelanewa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to eat when stressed. My job at times can be stressful. Im amazed i can have a mongrel day go to the gym and run or do a pt session and come out buggered but stress gone.