I feel depressed and unsucessful

Options
times60
times60 Posts: 204 Member
I keep trying to loose weight but don't seem to be able to commit. Anyone have a word of advise. I feel like a looser right now

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :) Do not be discouraged. Start today by seeking an opportunity to be active and planning what you'll eat for today. Don't try to change your whole life too fast.
  • halina08
    halina08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only you can make the changes you want, or reach the goals you desire.
    I think the first thing is to stop putting yourself down, you are nowhere near a loser.
    The fact you are on this app has already allowed you to take the first step. Now it's time to take the second step and make use of the app. :)
    You've got this
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Find something that make you commit. Find hacks to your weaknesses.
    I'm the same way.

I hate exercising so I hired a personal trainer. With my money at risk - I committed with a push. I have friends who don't have money for a trainer so they joined a gym called "The Camp" which takes a $500 deposit and pushes you to loose 20 pounds in 6 weeks or you loose your money. They all lost the weight and none of their money. It's become so successful that it's the new crossfit.

If food is your problem - throw out all your trigger foods. Anything considered junk in your pantry has to go. You can't divulge in what's not there. If you binge - try low calorie options to your binges. Like cucumbers and tomatoes with lemon and salt. Or using a blender and making a strawberry sorbet with just a bit of water and low calorie sweetener to substitute ice cream or dessert.
  • Mark46UK
    Mark46UK Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to loose weight but don't seem to be able to commit. Anyone have a word of advise. I feel like a looser right now

All you can do is stay focused. You are not a looser I know that because your still here wanting to reach your goal, looser would give up and not be asking for help so you know you can do this. Feel free to add me if you need to chat or want any support .... good luck on your journey that starts from now
  • times60
    Options
    How do I add friends on this site
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Make the process as easy and enjoyable as you can. It takes a ton of motivation to persist through too few calories and exercise that you're not enjoying. If you find yourself feeling miserable with the process at any point, go to maintenance calories for a day or two. I'm inconsistent, but successful anyway. You can be too.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    The mind is an incredible thing and I believe that people can convince themselves of anything (just look at all the crazies out there). I'd take some time to work on your mindset until you truly believe that you can do this. Because you can.
  • times60
    Options
    It is so great to talk this out. Thank you. Does anyone know how I can change my name. Too familiar to some
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Settings > change username. You can only do it once.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Work out what makes you weak when confronted by certain foods. Is it comfort, are you "treating" yourself to make up for something going badly elsewhere in your life - boring job, high bills. Do you have trouble committing to exercise? is it because you don't feel comfortable in a gym, don't like exercise, are too tired after work?

With food, buy yourself a food scale and weigh everything - no cups or handful allowed. Log everything, pre-logging your meals for the day when you get up in the morning. You can then instantly see if your day is going to end badly because you have eaten too much /the wrong things and make the changes upfront, because you have time to buy an alternative lunch/dinner and not be "forced" into a take-out where you can't control the nutrition. If someone offers you a cake or chocolate, log it before you accept - unless it is a really delicious cake you will probably decide you don't want to waste those calories.

Exercise - and I'm speaking as someone who used to avoid PE at school wherever possible - is a question of finding something you like. At its simplest - do you have some nice walks near you? It costs nothing and its good exercise, especially when you start out. Maybe you could incorporate a walk into your lunch break, or walk to and from work. I've never joined a gym, but when I started losing weight I dug out some exercise DVDs and did those at home. Then I discovered zumba and found an exercise which is fun. I go to a couple of classes a week and use the Wii zumba at home if I can't go or need some extra exercise and don't want to do the DVDs. I also do a20-25 minute DVD workout before breakfast most mornings - my colleague said "you're lucky to have time in the mornings", but I pointed out I specially get up earlier to fit that in. That won't work for everyone, but its a great way to get some exercise in (and 150+ extra calories) before the day takes over.

Its not easy, but if you want to do it you can. Small steps build into bigger steps.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Make small goals and take it one day at a time