Hello!...In my 40's and over 100lbs to lose.

Options
Hi I've been on MFP for about 2 weeks and love it.
I am married, live in Florida, 41 years old.
To be where I want to be I have to lose well over 100 lbs. I have been overweight for over 15 years now and I am sick of it and what it is doing to my health. I have got to do this.
Looking for more friends to join me on this journey, I need all the help I can get! :)

Replies

• gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Hi Tracy, I've been here on MFP for about a month, I joined WW in March and have lost 20 pounds so far. I have 72 more to go and I'd love to be friends here at MFP to help each other along this journey. I'm from Orlando, and moved here to Nashville 18 years ago, so it's home now. I'm mom to Jon, 23, and David, 18. I've been married almost 26 years (next Wednesday) to the love of my life and want to get healthy. I'm walking for exercise now, and hope to get a bike soon to change it up a little. Let's do this thing and get healthy and fit and fall back in love with ourselves!!
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    you picked an awesome place for support!....You can do it!!....friend me if you like :0)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time and one pound at a time. You can do this! I'm 43 years old and I have lost 34 pounds. I'm so glad I stuck it out. I stalled many times, but I never gave up! My only advice as you start your journey is to not rely too heavily on the scale. Take some before photos and also take your measurements. Those will help you see the differences in your changing body even if the scale isn't moving. Remember, this is a lifestyle change to carry with you for the rest of your life and not a race to lose weight as fast as you can. There will be weeks you will be elated and weeks when you will be disappointed. Just keep telling yourself that you ARE going to finish what you started. Good luck to you!!!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!! I love this site too, has made my journey a whole lot easier! I have about 100 lbs to lose to reach my goal as well, so feel free to add me if you like, and we can help keep each other motivated !!
  • traceyj3
    traceyj3 Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks, i appreciate any insight. I am having a little trouble this week, i never realized how much sodium i eat. the scale is actually up...:( I think I need to make myself drink more water.
  • lisaj803
    lisaj803 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have read a lot of posts and everyone here is soo supportive. I really like this site. I am new here as well. This site is really easy to use and I have the app on my phone so I have no excuse not to use this to the full. I can't wait to see your progress.

Lisa
  • traceyj3
    traceyj3 Posts: 13
    Options
    i'm getting msgs that people want to add me, but then it's gone. so if you add me and it doesn't take that's why.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy, thanks for the add! We're in similar situations. I'm 40 and have over 100 lbs to lose, too.
    We will do this!!!

Bex
  • SPbyTammy
    SPbyTammy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Tracey,

You are totally not alone I am going through it myself. I have lost 12 lbs so far and have so much farther to go. This site has helped me realize how i have been eating wrong though for sure. You can add me if you like.

Tammy
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tracey! I'm in a similar situation--I'd like to hit 100 pounds gone before my 45th birthday in October.