Team 21 Gimme the Skinny!

Options

Replies

• trantu11
    trantu11 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I'm a programmer/analyst. I have two wonderful chidren: Vanessa 13 and Tyler 3. I've struggle with my weight since by thyroid was low.

I'm about 5 feet and I wish to weight 107 by December so I wear beautiful dresses at my sister's wedding.

One of my challenges is that I eat way too much for someone my size. If I don't eat my stomach hurst and I feel like i'm going to faint. Also, I'm fortunate to have a mother who cooks lots of good foods. So how can you say no when there are always food around. One more thing, I find it's so stressed out about finding the time to exercise.

I'm very happy that I've found this website and able to join your group. I hope with the encouragement from everyone I will not feel too stressed out about loosing weight.

My weight kept fluctuating from 116 to 118.

My attitude about exercise is to be healthy and I can eat whatever I want, ofcourse with moderation.

Thanks for reading about my situation.

Tuyet:wink:
    I'm willing to take any advice from you guys.
  • calition
    calition Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica Tran, yes that's right TRAN not Train or Tram and I am married to a Vietnamese man who is not only shorter than me but thinner. We have two beautiful boys and I've been working hard to get my weight back down to something other than OVERWEIGHT! It's hard being the only white lady but it's even harder being the heavy one. Worse is when they tell my "oh your so lucky that your husband likes big women" however I have a sense of humor and respond with a look of surprise and whip around while saying "who's hitting on my husband?"
    So I was told that we are going with all the friends to Vegas in September and I wanna kick the crap outta September so I can lay out by the pool feeling good.

My starting weight is 181.4. Thank you for letting me be on your team.
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm sorry but I won't be able to do jumping jacks as I'm just getting over a sprained ankle. Can I do squats instead??

I also can't do push ups because one arm is in a splint!!

Honestly these aren't excuses.

Is it possible to substitute other exercises??

Suzanne
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm sorry but I won't be able to do jumping jacks as I'm just getting over a sprained ankle. Can I do squats instead??

I also can't do push ups because one arm is in a splint!!

Honestly these aren't excuses.

Is it possible to substitute other exercises??

Suzanne

I believe Gary said the exercises could be modified, maybe try messaging our captain?
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Team Captain...
    Do you have a weblink to what Up and Downs are? I'm not sure how to do that exercise... Thanks! :happy: :happy:
  • calition
    Options
    yes I agree I need links on up and downs and squat lunges(are they the same as lunges)
  • trantu11
    trantu11 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi all,

My scale is out of battery so I don't know my currrent weight. I'll get the battery today.:-)

Does any body do 'body pump' class exercise at goodlife fitness? it's a strength training and would burn from 200 to 450 colories depends on the weigh you use.

can someone tell me how to log it under exercise because if I log it as strength training the colorie does not include.
    Thank you.
    Have a great day everyone!
    Tuyet,
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    HI Girls,

Here is the details on Up and downs from Gary. Sorry I was helping someone move today, and away from the PC. When I get to work monday am, I'll update the main header with all our first names, and weights. That spreadsheet was on my work pc.

Yes, we can do modified excercises if a physical injury prevents us from doing the assigned excercise. I will ask Gary for a new excercise for you instead of Jumping Jacks.

Remember, this all starts August 1st.

UPS and DOWNS

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed.

REMEMBER ITS THE VERY FIRST THING HE DOES ON THE FLOOR that's it! Unless you are a real rockstar then finish it out if you can. It's a crazy exercise. Be ready for great exercises you can do at home without anything!
  • calition
    Options
    Up and downs link= http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

heart rate monitor will help you capture your calories burned. You can use this calculator to help you too: http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

Hope that helps.
  • tagrady
    Options
    If anyone is up for it...

Here is another message via Gary:

Encourage all of your folks to take a current full body pic before Monday. Have them send it to you. At the end of the challenge we will have them take another pic and send that to you. I'll compile all of the pics and we can do a before and after photo slide show. I'm going to do a prize for the winner of the biggest transformation. I'll narrow it down to the top 10 and let everyone vote! It'll be a blast!

You can email them to me which is myusername@gmail.com

This is going to be great!!! Who's ready to WIN THIS!!
  • lmmiller1
    lmmiller1 Posts: 45
    Options
    Im Lisa and I am 28. I am a mother of four and and full time student and stay at home mom. I am studing Medical Office Admin. My starting weight is 197, on a mission to lose about 60 pounds. Nice to meet all of you and lets kick some butt:)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    If anyone is up for it...

Here is another message via Gary:

Encourage all of your folks to take a current full body pic before Monday. Have them send it to you. At the end of the challenge we will have them take another pic and send that to you. I'll compile all of the pics and we can do a before and after photo slide show. I'm going to do a prize for the winner of the biggest transformation. I'll narrow it down to the top 10 and let everyone vote! It'll be a blast!

You can email them to me which is myusername@gmail.com

This is going to be great!!! Who's ready to WIN THIS!!

So, I don't have a way to do a full body shot, is it cool if I take mini shots?

And are we posting at the end of the day when we're done with our exercise and food diary?
  • tagrady
    Options
    A front and side shot will be best! I don't think it will matter much what time of day the photo is taken, just one from the beginning of August to compare to the end of august photo.

Thanks to all those that emailed them to me! Dont worry, I won't be putting them on the forum, just keeping them till the end for Gary.
  • brihare
    brihare Posts: 7
    Options
    Brian --- 165 lbs
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Hey everyone....just saw the update about pictures....no pressure :)
    I'll send it tonight.

But does anyone know how to make this topic a favorite to go directly to it? Or is there a way to get updates of new posts?

Just wondering?
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    hey when do we start everything?
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    start tomorrow! August 1st.
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is gearing up for tomorrow! I'm also doing the August 10# challenge, so I hope to lose that at the minimum but I'd really like to shoot for 14 lbs. That would put me at 170 and I'd LOVE to hit that before Labor Day!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Thank you all for getting me this info! I've compiled this together from this forum and messages, so if you all could please double check the info below, I want to make sure I've got this right! Gary is looking for this tonight/tomorrow am, so if you haven't given me your starting weight, please do so.

Username Name Beginning Weight

tagrady Tracy 168.6

kristinmkartist please send

Kimkimba Kim 191.5

u2fergus Kellie 242

ChristB Christin please send

kcgslp Kris 134

Devani34 159

ilovecreg120809 Krystal 217.8

mswank16 Monita 174

diamondgirl1995 216

kbrunk Kim 230

szczepj Jessica 191.5

watrmlon Suzanne 172.4

amberluvsjohn Amber 143

lmmiller1 Lisa 197

mommaski4 Karin 196.4

kdmallon Kim 184.8

brihare Brian 165

sherrylwilson Sherry 224.2

trantu11 Tuyet 116

calition Jessica 184.4

I hope you all have taken the time to friend one another! This way we can motivate and support each other and WIN THIS CHALLENGE!!

A few other key notes:

Thank you for the before photo's. I know many of you were un-easy doing that! (so am I!!) At the end of the competition I'm sending them to gary so he can compile a slideshow, and have everyone vote on the biggest transformation!

Also, I'm still waiting on a replacement excercise for those jumping jacks. I'll let you know when I do.

Lastly, is everyone clear on how the points will work?

1 point per lb loss

1 point per person for each daily challenge (21 per day max 6 = 126) additional 5 point if the entire teams does each challenge every day = 131

1 point per person for each "weekly challenge" per day (20 per day max *6=126) and an additional 5 points if everyone completes this goal for the week = 131

So potential 262 points plus weight loss points.

For week 2's weighh in, please MESSAGE me those, instead of posting them in this forum. I don't want our competition knowing exactly how we're doing. It seems a few other teams are doing this, and it was a great idea.

Ok, have a great night! Lets kick some &^%% tomorrow!!

Tracy
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 159.6, I will take my sunday am weights instead of evening weights.

I will write more details about me tomorrow its off to bed since tomorrow I start Power 90!