What are you making for dinner tonight?

Options
KatiePeca
KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
I love Indian food and saw a recipe the other day on The Food Network that I'm going to try! We already make Butter Chicken quite a bit, and today we're going to try South Indian style chicken, I am excited! We're having it with basmati rice,
Cals: 541 Carbs: 52 Fat:28 Protein:24 Sugar: 5 Sodium:95

What are you having?

Katie

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=1181

I am making this recipe, but with modifications. I will be using Turkey Tenderloin instead of Pork, and I used shelled edamame instead of Lima Beans. I also might add some fresh sauteed zucchini since I have some that needs to be used up...and of course, a sprinkle of fresh cilantro on top :)
  • AutoIronic
    AutoIronic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since starting my diet I've been delighted to see myself getting back to the cooking hobby I used to enjoy. It's forced me to learn new recipes and make more of an effort about food. Tonight, I'm making Potato Oyaki with Char Siu (Chinese roast pork) filling. The recipe is from JustBento (http://justbento.com/bento-no-17-potato-oyaki-bento-wakame-sunomono) and they'll be perfect for freezing to pack in my bento for lunch next week. I'm so excited!

Cals: 100 per piece

Auto
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Seafood pie as they defrosted when my fridge freezer died...i'll be making a HUGE batch as 3 bags prawns and 4 packets of different fish defrosted.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    A pork chop, sweet potato and green beans.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I haven't tried much Indian food but the other day at work one of the girls brought in Samosa (I hope I'm spelling it right) It's a deep fried potatoe, almost like a perogy. Wow, was it good!! I'm sure not very low in calories but was super good. I want to also try butter chicken.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    First of all Katie... you're GORGEOUS!!! Dinner.... I have wild salmon in the fridge and some fresh potatoes. I think I'll season the samon with lemon pepper and throw it on the bbq.
  • KatiePeca
    Options
    I haven't tried much Indian food but the other day at work one of the girls brought in Samosa (I hope I'm spelling it right) It's a deep fried potatoe, almost like a perogy. Wow, was it good!! I'm sure not very low in calories but was super good. I want to also try butter chicken.

Veggie Samosa's and Butter Chicken are two of our favorite items at our local indian place :) But I also make the Butter Chicken and home using this recipe (with subsitutions): http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/butter-chicken-2/

Replace the high fat cream with 1% plain yogurt, and replace the butter with a ligher margarine, it still tastes very good! It's about the spices really :)

Katie
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm trying a new recipe given to me by a co-worker. Morrocan burgers with spiced mayo (made with ground chicken). :)

487 calories per serving.

I can't wait to try it!
  • KatiePeca
    Options
    First of all Katie... you're GORGEOUS!!! Dinner.... I have wild salmon in the fridge and some fresh potatoes. I think I'll season the samon with lemon pepper and throw it on the bbq.

Thank you very much for the compliment!

Your dinner also sounds great!

Katie
  • KatiePeca
    Options
    Bump

Katie
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yes Katie! Your dinner sounds delicious!! I LOVE Indian, I think it's my favorite right now.... I made coconut curry shrimp the other night...So GOOD!

Well, lobsters went on sale this weekend at Central Market so that's what we're having. Lobsters, asparagus and butter. YUM!