So my dads making French Toast...

Options
and sausage...
So I went and made two pieces of dry toast with some spray butter, a few (3) turkey sausage links, and got some applesauce.
320 calories as opposed to... the calorie Gods only know how many.
I don't even *want* what he's making. :] And I'm looking forward to my protein shake for lunch when I work out! Not whatever pizza my brother & nephew order... in fact the idea makes me nauseous.
It's a little victory, but I feel fantastic about it.
:glasses:

I know its early, but has anyone else had a victory or a triumph already today? :smile:

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Great work on skipping the french toast and sausage! My best accomplishment so far today was completing week 3 of Couch to 5K, and instead of doing the cool down walk I did about 4 minutes of hill sprints! 6 months ago...I wouldn't have made it up the hill once!
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Having a rough food morning but my dog and I took an awesome walk this morning and I did WiiFit for a while. Focus on the positive!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

My victory is staying under 1500mg of sodium for ONCE! haha
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That is a awesome NSV! that would be hard to do with the yummy smell nice work
  • alexoftroy
    alexoftroy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My victory was stepping on the scale and losing another pound! Yay for all of us!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i <3 french toast so i totally would of had atleast one lol.
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    Yes...
    I got hungry during the middle of the night and was having some serious cravings for blueberry waffles smothered in butter and syrup...
    INSTEAD... I had 1tbsp of peanut butter on a slice of bread.
    I feel so proud of myself.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    Great work on skipping the french toast and sausage! My best accomplishment so far today was completing week 3 of Couch to 5K, and instead of doing the cool down walk I did about 4 minutes of hill sprints! 6 months ago...I wouldn't have made it up the hill once!

Way better than I could do! Good job!
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    Having a rough food morning but my dog and I took an awesome walk this morning and I did WiiFit for a while. Focus on the positive!

I haven't worked out yet! You've got one up on me. :] Keep being positive, constructive steps are better than wasting a whole day because you gave up!
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

My victory is staying under 1500mg of sodium for ONCE! haha

Thanks! Sodium is a kill for me. =[ Keep up the god work! You can do it again! :D
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    That is a awesome NSV! that would be hard to do with the yummy smell nice work

Thanks! Yeah at first it was tough- I held out though! I'm proud of me. ;]
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    My victory was stepping on the scale and losing another pound! Yay for all of us!

Yes yay! Thats awesome congrats :flowerforyou:
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    i <3 french toast so i totally would of had atleast one lol.

=/ I would have ODd on the syrup... and the sausage he made wasn't even a kind I would have enjoyed- but I would have ate it anyway. It would have been wasted calories.
    Now if it was waffles and bacon :love: oh boy haha
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    Yes...
    I got hungry during the middle of the night and was having some serious cravings for blueberry waffles smothered in butter and syrup...
    INSTEAD... I had 1tbsp of peanut butter on a slice of bread.
    I feel so proud of myself.
    Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations! I find it so difficult to thwart my midnight cravings. I know I'm a stranger but I'm way proud for you :flowerforyou: I know how hard that can be! Keep up the awesome work!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    and sausage...
    So I went and made two pieces of dry toast with some spray butter, a few (3) turkey sausage links, and got some applesauce.
    320 calories as opposed to... the calorie Gods only know how many.
    I don't even *want* what he's making. :] And I'm looking forward to my protein shake for lunch when I work out! Not whatever pizza my brother & nephew order... in fact the idea makes me nauseous.
    It's a little victory, but I feel fantastic about it.
    :glasses:

I know its early, but has anyone else had a victory or a triumph already today? :smile:

Rose, this is FANTASTIC!!! I think it is a much bigger victory than you think. Many folks would have used this as an excuse, or claimed that Family is trying to sabotage their healthy eating, and you did neither! You took the matter into your own hands and got going on something that is condusive to reaching your personal goals. GOOD GOOD GOOD on YOU!!!!! :happy:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Jogged for the first time yesterday and was able to for 45 mins without stopping! Huge for me!
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    Rose, this is FANTASTIC!!! I think it is a much bigger victory than you think. Many folks would have used this as an excuse, or claimed that Family is trying to sabotage their healthy eating, and you did neither! You took the matter into your own hands and got going on something that is condusive to reaching your personal goals. GOOD GOOD GOOD on YOU!!!!! :happy:

Wow thank you, you're right- I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I guess I'm a little ultimate goal oriented.. I miss the forest because of the trees. :]
    My family knows my fitness goals, but I basically have to prepare my own food (not that big of a deal- I don't like the way my dad cooks anyway. :p) if I want to eat. I don't look at is as sabotage, mostly because my dad doesn't have the motivation to be healthy- and I've tried to give him some reasons but they never stick. Ultimately I know its my choice how to eat, and I try to make the healthiest choices though sometimes I don't do so well!
    Thank you. Your comment made me :blushing: and all in all these comments gave me the motivation to work out earlier than I intended to! :heart:
  • dolphin9803
    dolphin9803 Posts: 125
    Options
    WTG on skipping the fench toast and sausage!!! far better then I would have done. I would have thought 1 peice i'm allowed one peice....lol
  • RoseBlanc
    Options
    Jogged for the first time yesterday and was able to for 45 mins without stopping! Huge for me!

Congrats! I don't want to attempt running yet- I bet you its not going to be pretty when I start!