Water Goals?

Options
CarolynG93
CarolynG93 Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I've been managing to drink 5L a day for the past week or so (luckily I'm holiday so lots of opportunities for toilet breaks) but was wondering what everyone else aimed for? Has it helped you with your weight loss?

Replies

• gildedivy
    gildedivy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only drink water and coffee...I drink a glass before my coffee in the am. 16oz lunch 16 afternoon and a glass with dinner and one after.
    So far only up once during night. Definitely helps.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal. I drink enough to make sure I'm hydrated and hobby my urine color. It only helps me in losing weight in that I'm no longer drinking regular soda and saving myself from those calories.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    That's 21 cups a day. I would never be able to drive anywhere.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Maybe 2 litres of water and one litre of other things (diet coke, coffee, protein shake) etc a day.

No WAY could I do 5 litres - I'd never make it through my commute home!!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I typically only drink water and aim for 80oz a day.. most days I hit it or go over.
  • CowCutter69
    CowCutter69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CarolynG93 wrote: »
    I've been managing to drink 5L a day for the past week or so (luckily I'm holiday so lots of opportunities for toilet breaks) but was wondering what everyone else aimed for? Has it helped you with your weight loss?

At least one gallon a day water is my favorite beverage and that's just my wintertime water
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I aim to stay hydrated...there is no magical amount of water to drink.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I don't have a goal. I drink enough to make sure I'm hydrated and hobby my urine color. It only helps me in losing weight in that I'm no longer drinking regular soda and saving myself from those calories.

This.

Drink enough fluids so that your urine color is pale yellow. Darker and you're dehydrated, clear you're overhydrated.

Drinking too much water is just as bad, if not worse than dehydration.