Add Keto Recipes Here

Options
I posted a recipe elsewhere and it disappeared. So, I started this discussion where anyone can post a recipe.

Replies

• Redhededkewty
    Redhededkewty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bvjduqzuptky.jpg

Vic's Sweet Keto Baked Ricotta
    8 servings

This is a sugar-free riff on an classic Italian dessert, great for breakfast, a snack or dessert, warm or cold. If you're familiar with the original, this no-sugar version will not brown on top. Being part Italian, I used to add finely grated zest of a lemon, a Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and instead of vanilla, Fiori di Sicilia flavoring. We found this 'basic' recipe with vanilla is our favorite. You might add some cocoa powder to this (3 carbs in a Tablespoon of cocoa powder), or consider an unsweetened savory version - crumbled bacon, green onions? Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
    4 raw eggs, beaten
    2 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
    4 Tablespoons granulated no-calorie sweetener (level or heaping). I use a Splenda type
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    A pinch or two of salt
    15 ounces/425g whole milk ricotta cheese

Preheat conventional oven to 350F.

Butter an 8x8" pan, or, I prefer to use an unbuttered sheet of parchment paper that I just press into the unbuttered pan, trim the extra, leaving some to lift it out.

With an electric mixer, in a blender or food processor, whip the eggs for a minute.

Add the remaining ingredients in order, ensuring everything is blended well before adding the ricotta. Blend at least one minute after add ricotta, so the mixture is very silky smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake about 35 minutes. The center should be firm enough to touch.

Allow to cool to almost room temperature before cutting and serving, warm is nice. Sprinkle with cinnamon, or my husband likes it with a no-sugar added fruit syrup. Store covered in the fridge.

NUTRITION PER 1 PIECE
    Calories: 136
    Carbs: 1.9
    Fat: 10.4
    Protein: 8.4
    Sodium: 10g
  • Redhededkewty
    Options
    urvffpcfds0x.jpg
    Image of sausage bacon cheese fat bombs in process, before baking.

KETO SAUSAGE BACON CHEESE FAT BOMBS
    makes 16

These make a great filling breakfast or snack warmed in the microwave for a ~20 seconds.

* Sixteen slices bacon (I use uncured)
    * Sixteen 3/4" cubes cheddar or cheese of choice, about 4 ounces, each ounce cut into quarters
    * Sixteen sausage patties, 1 ounce each, from 1 pound of either bulk raw breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, or plain ground pork or beef. I weigh them, YMMV, esp if your bulk sausage weighs 12 ounces, adjust accordingly
    * Optional, to taste: ground cumin and onion powder

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Lay out sausage rounds on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil with parchment paper on top, or a double layer of foil. There will be melted fat on the pan when they are done.

Dust sausage with cumin and onion powder, if using.

Place a piece of cheese in the middle of each sausage patty.

Form a ball around the cheese with the sausage. Roll them in your hands, and ensure cheese is covered.

Wrap bacon around the sausage balls, one strip per. Crossing bacon to cover the sausage meat completely, stretch bacon a little, if you must, and tuck the excess underneath.

Bake for 45 minutes. Drain on a wire rack, store refrigerated.

Notes: the breakfast sausage was too salty for my taste, not so much the Italian sausage.

NUTRITION FACTS for 1 meatball made with Italian pork sausage:
    Calories: 130
    Carbs: 0
    Fat: 11.3
    Fiber: 0
    Protein: 7.1g
  • Redhededkewty
    Options
    2gcr00zo1i5g.png

KETO CHICKEN DIVAN

1/4 cup onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon Olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste
    2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
    3 slices deli ham, coarsely chopped
    1 cup broccoli florets, cut small
    4 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes, at room temperature
    1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
    3/4 cups cheddar cheese, separated into 1/2 and 1/4 cups

Preheat oven to 350F/180C.

Spray an 8X8" pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper you have run under hot water.

Over medium-low heat, sauté onion in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. When onion is soft and slightly brown (~3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to pan. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth smooth. Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.

Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.

Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli in bowl. Mix well.

Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese and chopped ham to bowl, mix again. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if desired.

Spread mixture evenly in baking pan. Add remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top.

Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and casserole is bubbling. Serve warm.

For creamier texture, add 2 Tablespoons heavy cream, subtracting as much broth.

NUTRITION FACTS FOR 1 serving
    Calories: 498
    Carbs: 4.5g
    Fiber: 0.7g
    Fat: 33.7
    Protein: 40.7g
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    We made kale chips. Zero cal olive oil spray, pink salt, pepper, and a dehydrator.

Better than chips!
    24kcal per 1oz (this is about 1oz)
    2g fat
    3g carbs
    1g fiber
    0g protein.
  • Redhededkewty
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    We made kale chips. Zero cal olive oil spray, pink salt, pepper, and a dehydrator.

Better than chips!

I tried kale in my dehydrator, but they came out leathery. Are your kale chips crispy? How long did you process them? Thanks
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

Better than chips!

I tried kale in my dehydrator, but they came out leathery. Are your kale chips crispy? How long did you process them? Thanks

@Redhededkewty .. Yeah, very crisp! Did you add the oil? It will come out leathery without olive oil.
    As for how long I put mine on for, approximately 1 hour at about 120-130 degrees..It was checked frequently as well along the way.

This is the dehydrator I have.
  • Redhededkewty
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes, I used oil, I remember having to clean my trays after I did it. I may just not have dried it long enough. Thanks!
  • tiffythesweety
    tiffythesweety Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2gcr00zo1i5g.png

KETO CHICKEN DIVAN

1/4 cup onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon Olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste
    2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
    3 slices deli ham, coarsely chopped
    1 cup broccoli florets, cut small
    4 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes, at room temperature
    1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
    3/4 cups cheddar cheese, separated into 1/2 and 1/4 cups

Preheat oven to 350F/180C.

Spray an 8X8" pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper you have run under hot water.

Over medium-low heat, sauté onion in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. When onion is soft and slightly brown (~3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to pan. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth smooth. Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.

Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.

Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli in bowl. Mix well.

Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese and chopped ham to bowl, mix again. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if desired.

Spread mixture evenly in baking pan. Add remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top.

Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and casserole is bubbling. Serve warm.

For creamier texture, add 2 Tablespoons heavy cream, subtracting as much broth.

NUTRITION FACTS FOR 1 serving
    Calories: 498
    Carbs: 4.5g
    Fiber: 0.7g
    Fat: 33.7
    Protein: 40.7g

How many servings does this make?
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bvjduqzuptky.jpg

Vic's Sweet Keto Baked Ricotta
    8 servings

This is a sugar-free riff on an classic Italian dessert, great for breakfast, a snack or dessert, warm or cold. If you're familiar with the original, this no-sugar version will not brown on top. Being part Italian, I used to add finely grated zest of a lemon, a Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and instead of vanilla, Fiori di Sicilia flavoring. We found this 'basic' recipe with vanilla is our favorite. You might add some cocoa powder to this (3 carbs in a Tablespoon of cocoa powder), or consider an unsweetened savory version - crumbled bacon, green onions? Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
    4 raw eggs, beaten
    2 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
    4 Tablespoons granulated no-calorie sweetener (level or heaping). I use a Splenda type
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    A pinch or two of salt
    15 ounces/425g whole milk ricotta cheese

Preheat conventional oven to 350F.

Butter an 8x8" pan, or, I prefer to use an unbuttered sheet of parchment paper that I just press into the unbuttered pan, trim the extra, leaving some to lift it out.

With an electric mixer, in a blender or food processor, whip the eggs for a minute.

Add the remaining ingredients in order, ensuring everything is blended well before adding the ricotta. Blend at least one minute after add ricotta, so the mixture is very silky smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake about 35 minutes. The center should be firm enough to touch.

Allow to cool to almost room temperature before cutting and serving, warm is nice. Sprinkle with cinnamon, or my husband likes it with a no-sugar added fruit syrup. Store covered in the fridge.

NUTRITION PER 1 PIECE
    Calories: 136
    Carbs: 1.9
    Fat: 10.4
    Protein: 8.4
    Sodium: 10g

this looks amazing!