Would you benefit from doing home workouts?

Options
Sometimes going to the gym or out can be such a drag! But, that's what home is for! Would you prefer to workout at home (if you had the right materials) or go to the gym?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    if i had all the equipment? workout at home for sure.
  • frawley23
    frawley23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I'm a stay at home mum so if I was limited to gym workouts I could only go after my husband gets home at 6pm (dinner time) 3 times a week or on the weekends.

I've got an exercise bike and a yoga glo membership so it's pretty easy for me to workout at home in the way that I like to workout but if I decided to lift heavy I'd definitely want to do it in a safer gym environment.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hate exercising. I'm a complete fatty. I had a nice gym next door in the apartment complex I lived at with state of the art equipment and would go probably once or twice a month. No will power. I have to push myself by going to classes or a personal trainer.
  • x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    any work out is better than none but i prefer the gym
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Even if I had all the right equipment at home, I'd still prefer the gym. Awesome atmosphere, amazing knowledge bombs and lots of laughs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As long as I have decent equipment, at home for me all the way. I am a bit weird in the gym so it's best no one else sees that :p
  • Avsgirly
    Avsgirly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do both. Sometimes I'm just to lazy to get in the car and drive there. Or the weather is too bad.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Sometimes going to the gym or out can be such a drag! But, that's what home is for! Would you prefer to workout at home (if you had the right materials) or go to the gym?

Both!

And that's exactly what I do. :)

My workouts include things like ...

-- brisk walking
    -- climbing a multitude of stairs
    -- hiking up hill
    -- lots and lots of cycling outdoors
    -- some cycling on my trainer indoors at home
    -- spinning classes at the gym
    -- rowing at the gym
    -- treadmill at the gym
    -- weights at home
    -- and occasionally canoeing!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do home workouts 3x/wk and go to the gym 3x/wk. My home gym is very minimalist and consists of a yoga mat, swiss ball, doorway pull-up bar and adjustable dumbbells (10-80lbs each).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i'm a runner, and have a weights bench and stationary bike at home.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Home. I can't stand for people to look at me when I attempt to exercise.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I do yoga at home, so I do. I also walk my dog, but I suppose technically that's not at home. She is way more fun than a treadmill or elliptical, though
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I do both. I have everything I need at home, but I like going to crossfit classes and working out with friends too.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    My gym equipment at home is a great clothes hanger, at least that's what the wife thinks... so... I like the gym, I find that having to go somewhere to workout gives me more purpose, and there's a lot more inspiration there.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Except for when I am coaching (jiu-jitsu, boxing, etc) I do all of my workouts at home.
    Buying a power rack, plates, etc. isn't so bad if you get a little at a time.
    Saves me at least an hour of travel and hassle every workout.

I can focus on what I am doing without distractions or interruptions and I don't ever need to wait for equipment.
  • DirkRockwell
    DirkRockwell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have everything I want/need at home and can get the same workout as I could in a gym with so much more convenience. Also, it's just my sweat on the machines!
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have loads of equipment at home but only used when I can't get to the gym for any reason. I honestly prefer to workout at the gym, more motivation, so much easier as don't have to constantly strip dumbbells down to do drop sets etc. The only thing I prefer to do at home is cardio as we have our spin bike but I hate lifting at home it's just awkward and less motivating.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If I'm home, something will distract me from working out. I have to go to the gym!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I prefer the gym... It's my away from home/kids/hubby time.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. It saves me drive time and money, and I like that it's just me. I can watch or listen to what I want, and I don't have to wait for a free bench or have random guys coming to talk to me. I'm very shy of people so I feel safer at home.