When none of your clothes fit...

Options
md1314
md1314 Posts: 15 Member
Hi all,

What's your best advice for when your clothes get too big! It's not logical to buy a whole new wardrobe every time I drop a pant size.

Do any of you have any tips outside of just getting new clothes or getting old ones taken in?

Replies

• fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    All of my slacks are too big, I started buying dresses.

I did the same. And garage sales, clearance racks, etc.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Clearance racks and thrift stores are my best friend. I grab a few versatile things and make them work. I love stretchy clothes. I buy them when they fit like a glove and they last me a couple months before I shrink out of them. Flowy tops and dresses are also great. Good luck!
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually just started selling my clothes to thrift shops like Platos and Crossroads Trading. Either I'd end obtaining store credit for more clothes or I just kept the cash. Platos is pretty trendy and young adult - Crossroads is luxury wear like Chanel, LV, Prada, etc. More adult or Fashion Week.
  • MommaDeQuatre
    MommaDeQuatre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Seamstress can help take them in.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Wrap dresses and 25% spandex skinny jeans. They are life (budget) savers for mid fat loss journey clothes. Also, only buy one or two pairs of jeans/trousers at a time, make sure they are slightly snug but not muffin top tight. That way you can shrink into them and they'll still look good even when they are just 1 size too big. Also, really cheap clothes, you know you're not going to fit them for more than a few months so why bother spending a lot of money on them. Sure they wear, tear and fade faster, so what...you won't need them to last that long.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hunt down a good flea market! I get everything second hand now, it's cheap and means that you're not dressed exactly like everyone else who shops on the high street :)
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Dresses, trousers with a good amount of stretch and, um dresses.
    All my smart work trousers are now too big and look silly. I really should get at least some of them taken in...

Irritatingly, I'm at a point where one size is obviously too big, but the next size down is still a little small.
    I don't want to or need to lose any more weight, so I haven't quite figured out what to do yet!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Secondhand, OP. Oh, and belts.

Also, Ebay. Plenty of people selling stuff that doesnt fit any more on there.
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    Irritatingly, I'm at a point where one size is obviously too big, but the next size down is still a little small.
    I don't want to or need to lose any more weight, so I haven't quite figured out what to do yet!
    Yeah, I have had that before. You need to try other stores. This is one of those times when differing sizing is a complete boon. And of course, this is part of the reason it differs, but that's another thread.

Try putting your measurements into this site to get an idea of where you should be going. A absolute star has collected the raw numbers in inches/cm from the official sizing guide published by a range of shops, and set up a database that spits out the closest matches to your own measurements.

http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
  • amy_ross86
    amy_ross86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Each time I go down I go to thrift stores! I get myself a few things! It's way cheaper and I feel so much better in clothes that don't sag
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i have lost 8" from my waist but have 2 or 3 pairs of jogging bottom, so just bought some elastic and re elasticated the waist bands making them fit again, having baggy clothes hides the progress, ready for the ultimate un veiling of the 'new you' ;)
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    Do you have a value village where you live? You could get stuff pretty cheap there. In terms of selling, try ebay?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!