Losing baby weight and dealing with Prolapse!

Options
Hi all, anyone else on the baby weight journey? I had my son 4 months ago, now really wanting to lose the weight (and kick the bad eating habits). Unfortunately exercise has been limited because I have a bladder prolapse, anyone else dealing with this?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't know anythig about prolapses, but I imagine it's painful - just wanted you to know that you can lose weight without exercising. Eating habits has way more impact on weight.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Is it safe to exercise with that?
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about what is allowed and not. And also why they aren't doing something about the prolapse. You shouldn't have to put up with that the rest of your life.
  • lindyyy87
    lindyyy87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had to avoid running for a long time due to my stage 2-3 prolapse. I found that doing core exercises helped- think planking and side planks. I had to stay away from exercises that bothered my prolapse such as going heavy on the leg press.

Are you nursing? Prolapse is worse while nursing.

I stopped nursing about a year ago and I run sometimes and can do heavy squats and leg press. Some days I, erm, have more issues with the prolapse and wear a pad, but it is SO much better now. I initially started going the physical therapy route, but I didn't have time for it. It took me six years to get rid of the initial baby weight :)

• zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would suggest seeing an OBGYN about a pessary. I waited 4 years and REALLY wish I hadn't. I also see a physio (which is a bit awkward haha). It has been life changing
  • hlzy11
    hlzy11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I actually just tried a pessary last week (ring pessary) but I don't think it was the right size as it caused me more discomfort and I could feel it when I wiped! What sort of pessary do you have and how does it feel?
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Following..
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have it. Not sure what stage though. My daughter is 7 months. It has gotten better since I’ve lost weight and started exercising!! Not 100% but so much better! I pushed out two 9-10 pound babies haha
  • bethanynoelbarrett
    Options
    Oh my! I'm in the exact same boat! I knew I had a prolapse but it wasn't a bother. I knew I needed to lose some weight so off to the gym I go. After a week of strength training and cardio and an unfortunate coughing episode the prolapse dropped and now I've discovered I have two
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just had my second 7 weeks ago and am back on my fat loss mission. I had a c section, and am dealing with a grape fruit size hematoma, so I've been doing very low impact exercise.

One of my good friends just healed from a prolapse. She had her dd in May and with physio is just healed now! So please, talk to your OB and see about physio, you don't want it to get worse.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What's a physio?