Sweet tooth

Options
Any recipes or tips on sweet replacement.
Its been 2mths I have not ate sweet breads, pan dulce, cakes, etc.
Anyone help!

Replies

• TrueGrit1906
    TrueGrit1906 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2 months?! Seems like you could be giving the advice.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I personally don't cut out anything unless it's something that I can't moderate (fresh bread for example). I have no intention of cutting things out for the rest of my life so I have aimed more for cutting down and incorporating the things I like into my calorie allowance.

For example previously I might have sat down to an evening of tv with a large bar of Galaxy Chocolate (which is around 650 cals) and munched the whole thing.

Now I only watch about an hour of tv because I spend most evenings either running or doing some strength training (most of my munching was down to boredom) and I keep small bars of chocolate (95 cals per bar) and have 1-2 of them.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    75-85% dark chocolate, like Lindt for example. Many swear by a few squares of that each evening after dinner and it does come in a nice variety of flavours. Also, I used to make a big bowl of 2% Greek yoghurt and add some honey(or sweetener) and pb2(powdered peanut butter type thing) along with some banana or seeds to make a sweet but relatively nutritious dessert. You can also find all natural bars made of things like nuts, seeds, oats and dried fruit. Another option is some oatmeal with honey and fruit.

There are lots of possibilities, but really, the best option is to simply fit in those sweet things you like, in moderation, so that you are not cutting things out. In the end, unless you plan on going without a food for the rest of your life, don't strive to cut it out entirely now.
  • HIITHolly
    HIITHolly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, this whole fitness thing is pretty new to me. Well, sticking with it anyway. I've decided to give it another round but I changed the rules to suit me. I don't really cut anything out or use the word diet because both of these things cause me to want it more. I don't go out and order a pizza or eat McDonald's. Instead I make those things at home where I can control the calories in them. If you change where you get your sweets from (or make the yourself) you can find a way to keep them in your diet without blowing your calories out. Also routine. Only let yourself eat it at specific times of the day. I agree with tinkerbellang83. I used to sit in front of the TV and just munch on junk out of boredom. Dark chocolate is a really nice desert. Just a square or two :)