Looking for friends to motivate and inspire me to succeed!

Options
Hi! My name is Karen and I am 36 years old. I have been up and down with my weight so much over the years and it has taken its toll on me! I am ready to lose 40lbs and keep it off! I am looking for people to help motivate me and keep me accountable! I will be happy to do the same! Let's kick those pounds to the curb and live!

Replies

• maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen!

I'm pretty new here, too. This is my first attempt at seriously tracking my food intake. I find it very fun to keep a food diary, and it helps me keep my calories in check. I've got 78 pounds to lose, and I'm down 8. 70 more to go!
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • RHunter37
    RHunter37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I know exactly how you feel. I have lost and gained the same 20 puunds. I have currently lost the 40 pounds that you need to lose. I still have 70 or 80 to go. I am here anytime you want to talk or need encouragement. The best advice I can give you is to take 1 day at a time. If you don't make it one day then start the next. Good luck I know you can suceed because I am. Also you can friend me so we can keep track of each others progress.
  • luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also have 30-40 lbs I would like to lose! Feel free to add me! We can help each other out! :D
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Friend me too!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Welcome and I will send you a friend request. This is an excellent site I've met my goal but then I change my goal so now I have 10 more pounds to lose.
  • michelleafeb
    Options
    Karen

I totally feel the same way!! It is time to keep it off. Glad MFP is here for us to encourage each other.
    Hello to all.

Michelle
    :smile:
  • Jinji
    Jinji Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Friend me as well. Community keeps us strong!
  • Skepti_Kal_1
    Skepti_Kal_1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, Karen! I'm Kala. I'm 34 and have struggled with my weight most of my life. I'm back to try again and enjoying the food diary part of this website. Still need to get my butt into gear and get some exercise. I'm thinking about following the Couch to 5k plan. Google it and see whether it looks good for you, or let me know what you're planning on doing. It would be great to have a friend to help with motivation. In the past, I've gotten discouraged by "support groups" in which people posted about their 2 hr/day 2 times a day workouts. I'm looking for people who are more my speed. :-) Btw, this goes out to all of you on this thread, too!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hi karen:) you could do it. just take it one day at a time
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me:)
  • jgouldsmith
    Options
    welcome to the site, lot's of great people here. sent you a friend's request.
  • imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi Karen - Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss. I started a challenge last month for "30 somethings". We're almost done with this month and it seemed to be really popular so we're going to do another one in August. Please feel free to add me and keep your eyes open for challenges to keep you motivated.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I have been logging my food for apprx. 5-6 months now and have lost 24 lbs. I started out as a size 10 and just purchased my first pair of size 4 jeans. The key to weight loss success is consistency and support from people who are going to keep you on track. Don't be in a hurry to the lose the weight it's not a race it takes time , it took me 6 months to lose 24 lbs. I love to cook so I found recipes for meals that I enjoy to eat and motify them to make them healthier. I recently went from just counting calories and not really worrying about the types of food I was eating to cutting out most processed foods. I don't eat fast food and only go to restaurants a couple times a month. When I do go out to eat I check the nutritional value on the restaurants website first and decide before I get there what I'm going to order and stick to that. I prepare meals for lunch the night before on days when I go to work and I eat every two-three hours. Good Luck on your weight loss journey.
  • prettiiz
    prettiiz Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new as well, and have never seriously tracked my food intake or my activity levels! I'm about 15 pounds overweight, I'm ready to get healthy! Good luck to everyone!
  • katie_kaboom
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • the_jen4
    the_jen4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been using MFP for 15 days now and have lost 8 pounds. Still have 60 more to go and am looking for friends to do it with! Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • kardip
    kardip Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you!