Traded one addiction for another

Options
PeachyKeene
PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
In the past couple of weeks, I have come to realize that I traded one addiction for another. I am addicted to exercising, running, llifting, etc... Instead of being addicted to food. Funny how the tables have turned. I have to force myself to get enough food for the day, were as, before I couldn't get enough to eat, no matter how hard I tried.

Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• nurse_carolyn
    Options
    ahahaha.........this is AWESOME !!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I'm the same way! I'm so addicted to exercise. On the rare occasion that I don't get any in during the day I feel bad about it and can't go to sleep because the guilt keeps me awake. I have even gotten out of bed and put in an exercise DVD lol,
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    IT is funny how some things you love can hinder your health while others can help it. I really love running and fight to try not to go overboard.I hate rest days now haha
    Good work and keep it up!
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    ahahaha.........this is AWESOME !!

Thank you, Sweetie!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am addicted too I find that Im starting to WANT to exercise and when I exercise it keeps me on track with food cause I dont want to waste the time I did exercising plus when Im not doing that M on here and it keeps me busy from mindless snacking
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    I'm the same way! I'm so addicted to exercise. On the rare occasion that I don't get any in during the day I feel bad about it and can't go to sleep because the guilt keeps me awake. I have even gotten out of bed and put in an exercise DVD lol,

I have done that too. Another thing if I don't get to do what I plan for the day, I get really grumpy. Totally crazy right!
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    IT is funny how some things you love can hinder your health while others can help it. I really love running and fight to try not to go overboard.I hate rest days now haha
    Good work and keep it up!

HAHA! I know what you mean. I hate them too. I always seem to get a nice walk in on days I don't run. Keeps me from getting sore.
  • mocklin
    mocklin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have prayed my entire life to be 'addicted' to exercise. I never thought it would happen. I'm so addicted. I love it, I've never felt better!!
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I have traded my love for food in for a love of walking and sweating. I get a sick sense of pleasure wringing out my clothes. My wife, however, could do without the sopping wet laundry...lol.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have never really had a food addiction, but I am definitely addicted to exercise. I like it a lot.
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    I totally agree. I have traded my love for food in for a love of walking and sweating. I get a sick sense of pleasure wringing out my clothes. My wife, however, could do without the sopping wet laundry...lol.

Blahahahaha! I am always soaked from head to toe with sweat, so I know what you mean.