Any Book Lovers?

Options
Just curious to see how many avid readers are around.

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Pillars of the Earth
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Bleak House, A Child's History of England, and Something Real atm.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Love love love reading!
  • engrishbwudd
    engrishbwudd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not a big fantasy reader, so I'm trying to change that by reading the Malazan series.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to Lock In (John Scalzi) in the car for my commute and currently reading Silver Silence (Nalini Singh) in the evening
  • BigDataLouis
    BigDataLouis Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just saw the Fassbender/Cotillard film of MacBeth. So now I'm reading MacBeth.

Need to pick up some Margaret Atwood next because I am meeting her next month.
  • EllaTaneva
    EllaTaneva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love reading as well... currently I am reading one of James Patterson's novels
  • SmallVictories1201
    Options
    I love to read, and I love audio books even more. I get to read and work at the same time. I am currently reading Her Final Breath By Robert Dugoni.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm the proud owner of 300 actual books and God knows how many e-books. Currently hooked on audiobooks. Currently reading The Gender series by Bella Forrest and listening to the two John Grisham books: The Racketeer and the Appeal.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Love books. Always have one that I'm working on. Currently reading the Lew Archer series by Ross Macdonald.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I love reading. I'm constantly looking up more books to add to my collection. I mostly prefer sci-fi and fantasy but I do enjoy books like hunger games. My favorite series is by GA Aiken but it's NOT child friendly! I rewrote the series for my kids so they could read it. They loved it as well. Took weeks per book to filter out naughty scenes and rewrite those sections to reflect a more PG approach to romance. I actually prefer my filtered versions.. sex gets boring.
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a voracious reader. I'm currently reading the Soulless series by Gail Carriger. Just a lot of fun.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love it! It's my "relaxing and don't bother me time" lol
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading - currently reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood series (The Beast to be exact). I'm mostly a fantasy reader.
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    I enjoy reading - currently reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood series (The Beast to be exact). I'm mostly a fantasy reader.

Oh, I'm so glad someone else reads those! The best series ever.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Me.

We should all get together on Goodreads.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Always had a passion for books and libraries. I have not been as good at reading since doing English at Uni (took some of the pleasure out of it for me ) but I am currently reading the James Herriot books and really want to get round to reading The Dark Tower series, especially now that they have bought out the film.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I spend lots of time at my local Barnes & Noble, I love those self help books on how to improve your life etc
    ...awesome stuff.
  • Sverhamin
    Sverhamin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love to read! Currently going through the dark tower series
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Avid reader here. Currently working my way through Abaddon's Gate, the third book in the "The Expanse" series by James SA Corey.