6 week challenge

Options
EZaccone85
EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
Hi all, my sisters wedding is in 8 weeks from now. i am looking for any suggestions on a 6 week challenge and want people to do it with me as motivation....any takers?

Replies

• Bonnie578
    Bonnie578 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What challenge guidelines are you looking for. I need to challenge myself to keep eating healthy, stay away from snacks, stay on my calorie limits. And lose 6 to 10 lbs in 6 weeks. Do you know how to set up the award stickers?
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    hey bonnie
    well, im okay with staying within my calorie range...my problem is exercising, i go for walks...but i need something more intense...i am a good motivator but cant motivate myself..i can help you, if you help me...what are these award stickers.

i also have a fitbit so i am trying to stay on target but can't get in the habit of exercising...
  • Faith777mfp
    Faith777mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested in joining a challenge. I am pretty good with staying under calories - still working on keeping my macros right though. My main problem now is also motivation to exercise. I have the striiv fusion activity tracker, just renewed my gym membership, dusted off the treadmill yesterday. Back is aching today and keeping me from wanting to do much ... help! I do still have a competitive spirit and can motivate others just not self LOL.
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    faith i totally understand your pain about motivating yourself lol, anyone can add me...i love commenting or posting things...inspirational quotes...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    When is your last dress fitting? You'll want to maintain after that.
  • haneenelias
    haneenelias Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    how many calories do you eat daily ? and honestly start by walking even if its 15 minutes every day for a week then you will do more and in two weeks if you feel like you are ready if you can afford it go to a nice gym that will motivate you to go to exercise maybe swim or relax in a whirlpool afterwords and if you cant go to planet fitness and do few exercises watch a show u like on your phone by the time the show ends you will have some calories burnt out and eats lots of foods that help burning calories faster
  • Emsmimi15
    Emsmimi15 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need to lose my final 8 pounds which seems to be harder than the first 15. Diagnosed with prediabetes so have to lose weight. Supposed to weigh between 100 and 103 for my height and frame. Only 4'11 with very small frame. People think I look fine the way I look now but it has nothing to do with the way I look, it has to do with controlling a situation that can lead to full blown diabetes. Lots in my family. So I am in for the challenge. Current weight is 110.6 lbs.
  • emsylou1982
    emsylou1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Need a good kick up the bum... I have no idea how it all works tho? Technologically challenged...
  • kruels_booboo8
    kruels_booboo8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, would love to join! I have cut all sugars, processed foods and carbs from EVERYTHING except dairy and veggies but cannot motivate myself to start working out!
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    When is your last dress fitting? You'll want to maintain after that.

not sure, i go to my first dress fitting on friday...im assuming she will tell me when my last one is...
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    how many calories do you eat daily ? and honestly start by walking even if its 15 minutes every day for a week then you will do more and in two weeks if you feel like you are ready if you can afford it go to a nice gym that will motivate you to go to exercise maybe swim or relax in a whirlpool afterwords and if you cant go to planet fitness and do few exercises watch a show u like on your phone by the time the show ends you will have some calories burnt out and eats lots of foods that help burning calories faster

when i first lost 40 pounds back in 2013 what i use to do is: get on the treadmill, put on a disney movie, when they would start singing do a fast jog...so there could be 5 times in that one movie where im jogging for a good 15 minutes throught the movie
  • PrincessKnusie
    PrincessKnusie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Would love to join please. I need motivation. I have all I need to exercise at home.e bit no motivation. Brother's wedding is in 7 weeks too lol!
  • chuppachop
    chuppachop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just been on a 6 week weight loss program lost 14 lbs we had todo 10k steps a day and this workout 3 times a week
    Lateral lunges 50 secs rest for 30
    Squats 50 secs rest for 30
    Push up 50'secs rest for 30
    Plank hold 50 secs rest for 30
    Front lunges 50'secs rest for 30
    Squat hold 50'secs rest for 60 secs
    Repeat 4 times
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    Hi. Would love to join please. I need motivation. I have all I need to exercise at home.e bit no motivation. Brother's wedding is in 7 weeks too lol!

see mee too, i have a treadmill, the workout dvd's to t25, insanity, zumba...but all i wanna do when i get home is sit on the recliner and watch my shows...lol...luckily yesterday i was motivated and told my husband 'we are going for a bike ride' lol...

7 weeks we got this, remember we can't lose all our weight over night....and that is a depressing feeling for me....but if i had friends and people that want the same as me, we can do this together
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    so does anyone have any ideas for a 6 week challenge? we have one suggestion by chuppachop
  • Holly_981
    Holly_981 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I won't join the challenge as I've just started a 12 week one of my own.. But happy to add you as a friend and help to motivate/inspire
  • EZaccone85
    Options
    Holly_981 wrote: »
    I won't join the challenge as I've just started a 12 week one of my own.. But happy to add you as a friend and help to motivate/inspire

okay, well we havne't really decided what we are doing for a challenge, i was trying to get some ideas to help motivate me....

sure i would love to be your friend haha
  • Holly_981
    Holly_981 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    EZaccone85 wrote: »

okay, well we havne't really decided what we are doing for a challenge, i was trying to get some ideas to help motivate me....

I'm not sure where you're from, but I see a lot of people doing beach body workouts. Maybe you could try one of those?
  • Emsmimi15
    Emsmimi15 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

see mee too, i have a treadmill, the workout dvd's to t25, insanity, zumba...but all i wanna do when i get home is sit on the recliner and watch my shows...lol...luckily yesterday i was motivated and told my husband 'we are going for a bike ride' lol...

7 weeks we got this, remember we can't lose all our weight over night....and that is a depressing feeling for me....but if i had friends and people that want the same as me, we can do this together

Hi, I understand what you mean about just wanting to sit in your recliner after a days work so what I did was buy an exercise bike, one that is just the peddles and peddle while I am sitting on my recliner watching TV. After a while you don't even realize that you are exercising. I also got an exercise ball that I will sit on while working on my computer or watching TV. With just little movements you are constantly using your core muscles to keep the ball steady. 2 easy great ways to keep your body moving and toned.
  • EZaccone85
    Options

I'm not sure where you're from, but I see a lot of people doing beach body workouts. Maybe you could try one of those?

i should, i have t25, zumba and insanity...its just doing it as soon as i get home from work....