Kiwi MFP newbie

Options
Kia ora tatou, (hi everyone)

My story is pretty much the same as anyone else's (started out a little chubby, being shamed as a kid led me to diets, developed an eating disorder and now I'm starting my 40's obese). I'd like to lose between 50 - 80 kilos. Two things that are going to be different this time though: firstly, I'm not going to tell anyone other than my partner (I certainly don't want my kids to know) and secondly, I'm not going to rush this. Slooow and steady wins the race, I think. Would love to talk to anyone else who has a lot of weight to lose or just wants to make a friend :)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'd just like to apologise for Barnaby Joyce. It's really unfair that we took Russell Crowe and Crowded House and gave you that numpty. Poor form all round.
  • BloopInAHat
    BloopInAHat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks Alatariel, I'll accept that apology on behalf of the nation ;) To be fair though, we're glad to have been able to provide some entertainment to our cousins across the Tasman.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey im also a kiwi. I want to lose a good 20kg if not 30kg but i would certainly be happy with 20kg to begin with. Like you i am not actively telling people i am losing weight and im not dieting as such just changing my whole outlook on food and counting calories. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • MaryLeuelu
    MaryLeuelu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello people, there is a New Zealand group that I hang out in. Under Community groups you will be most welcome
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm Wellington based, in 40s too, and have a crapload to lose. Doing it slow & steady this time too. Going well so far. Wishing you all the best.
  • NewYorkSubway
    NewYorkSubway Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another fellow kiwi here :)
  • BloopInAHat
    Options
    MaryLeuelu wrote: »
    Hello people, there is a New Zealand group that I hang out in. Under Community groups you will be most welcome

Thanks! I'll check it out :)
  • BloopInAHat
    Options
    Pepsab wrote: »
    Hey im also a kiwi. I want to lose a good 20kg if not 30kg but i would certainly be happy with 20kg to begin with. Like you i am not actively telling people i am losing weight and im not dieting as such just changing my whole outlook on food and counting calories. Feel free to add me if you want :)

Thanks! How do I 'add' someone, though?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You click on their name and the option to add them is in their profile.