Need to tone my sagy skin

Options
I was 96 kgs went down to 66kg but i had sagy skin sme 1 sugstd to gain muscle to loose tht i gained now at 75 but still some skin on belly button nd lower chest though my abs are visible plse help i can help too...

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Time. That's it. Exercize regularly and wait. Drink plenty of water (proper hydration helps keep skin healthy so it'll tighten faster).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Genetics, age and how much you have to lose will dictate how retraction works for you. You look young, so you'll get a better outcome than someone who's much older like me. It MAY take up to 2 years to see if the skin retracts back enough.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • rishabh469
    rishabh469 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It just tht i have worked so hard to build my body but still i am not confident to take off my shirt in public due to sagy skin i have muscle nd abs but it dsnt looks good
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You can't tone skin. You can tone muscles. If your skin is actually saggy, as young as you look, you should go see a dr.
  • rishabh469
    Options
    I lost weight of about 30 % of my starting weight dr said the surgery is recommended to people tht loose mre thn 50% nd he said to wait nd see nd take surgery as a last resort
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    rishabh469 wrote: »
    I lost weight of about 30 % of my starting weight dr said the surgery is recommended to people tht loose mre thn 50% nd he said to wait nd see nd take surgery as a last resort

Then do what he says. Wait and see. There is nothing you can do other than to improve your muscle tone, and perhaps use a self-tanner as suggested above, and then just give it time. If you are young, your skin will eventually tighten up some so just be patient.
  • rishabh469
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I know thts y i am going for pre med this session
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Skin recovers, give it time. 1) Use some of those self-tanning creams; they can help hide imperfections. 2) Go to MIT and get an engineering doctorate; girls won't care what you look like.

For the love of jebus, DO NOT SPRAY TAN. It made my excess skin so painfully obvious. It's like the ripples of loose skin form an obvious crease it the small folds. I never did it again. Lol.
  • rishabh469
    Options
    Well i wasn't going to spray ran any way.. i'm taking omega 3 , cla,and vitamin C will be ading vitamin E too ..
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth you look good in your picture. People are less critical than you might think, and it looks like maybe you can conceal your skin under your waistband. Hopefully you will continue to see improvement over the next couple of years but you don't need to be ashamed right now - everyone can see the work you have put in.