i feel like i have no energy

Options
ive been eating healthy with including lots of proteins in my meals and i still feel so sore after only 30 minute of work out and i feel like i have no energy i donno if its because the weather is too hot and also i sleep good
any suggestions on things for my energy ?

Replies

• misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    please give stats. height, weight, goal weight, mfp calorie target, activity level, frequency of workouts, intensity etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ive been eating healthy with including lots of proteins in my meals and i still feel so sore after only 30 minute of work out and i feel like i have no energy i donno if its because the weather is too hot and also i sleep good
    any suggestions on things for my energy ?

How much are you eating?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat a protein bar 20 minutes before your workout? And keep hydrated.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How many hours are you sleeping? When I cut calories - I have bursts of energy or insomnia at night. I'm usually a drained mess in the morning and throughout the day because of it.

I just started using my Fitbit to capture my sleeping cycle.
    Maybe monitor how many hours you're sleeping at night?
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Have you cut your carbs out, or reduced them significantly? If so, add magnesium and salt. If you've cut your calories too low, your body won't have the energy it needs for vital organ function and exercise.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    How much of a calorie deficit are you using? And are you eating back some of your exercise calories?
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    How often do you workout? Maybe you're not resting enough. If you really want to workout everyday, try to do some yoga or low impact cardio. Or some bodyweight strenght training. And make sure you sleep enough. A few months ago I was doing HIIT workouts and long duration cardio everyday for a few days, not sleeping enough, and I always felt tired.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,196 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If you're new to working out, it's normal to be sore at first, in the sense of hard-worked muscles kind of sore. That major soreness should decline within a couple of weeks, though there may be continued mild soreness if you continue pushing yourself as your capabilities improve.

At first, you may want to have a light or rest day every other day at least, then gradually increase workouts as your fitness improves. For the muscle soreness, it is important to keep up regular workouts (going a little lighter if necessary). If you work really hard, get super sore muscles, then take a week or two off because of soreness, then work out again, you're more likely to repeat the beginner muscle soreness rather than getting past it in a couple weeks.

If you're sore, it will help to move a little on rest days, like a little stretching or an easy walk, just to get the kinks out. Don't be afraid to go a little easier on the workouts at first, then ramp up, as needed.

However, if you have a localized, sharp pain somewhere, not just overall muscle soreness, consider the possibility that you have an injury and follow up if needed.

As far as tiredness: At first, you should set up MFP to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week (i.e., don't go for 2 pounds a week unless you weigh at least 200).

Also, you should log your exercise and eat back a good portion or all of those calories, too. Tiredness can be a symptom of undereating. If, after a few weeks, you're losing slower than that sensible goal, you can decrease your calories a bit. But undereating is risky - you don't want to do that. It's better to lose a little slower and be healthy, rather than too fast and have health problems.

Good luck - you can do this!

• Jabbertagger
    Jabbertagger Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Low energy... Well given the amount of information provided to the community you either didn't sleep well last night or you have a terminal disease. Maybe something in-between? ;-)

For the community to suggest something, please provide MANY more details about yourself and your health and your routines. Barring that, talk to your doctor.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat a protein bar 20 minutes before your workout? And keep hydrated.

Eating protein before a workout is not the best way to increase energy levels - although the body can break down protein to make glucose in the absence of carbs, it doesn't do it quickly. What you want before a workout is carbs, which will give you enough glucose to power through. It's glucose which fuels muscles.

On the other hand, there's some evidence eating enough protein while working out (recent studies suggest there is not a short time window for this as was once believed, so you don't have to eat protein right then, just eating enough over a day is fine) can help protect lean muscle from being broken down by the body for energy.
  • PeteG7606
    PeteG7606 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's critical to reload with calories, protein and proper hydration within the first 45 mins after a workout to help our bodies to start replenishing its levels of stored glycogen. This can take our bodies about 24hrs or more. The faster you get the proper amounts of cals, protein and hydration back in, the faster your body can get prepared for the next days workout. This is more critical for those of us who are marathon and endurance training because we will practically deplete our stores. But I've found that even in shorter workouts as well. In either case, the result was no soreness and energized at the next workout.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Most likely you have cut your calories too low.