Looking for an active accountability buddy!

Options
I've been a soccer player for my entire life in high school I never really worried about my body, I ate whatever I wanted and always stayed fit. I started paying more attention to my body and how it looked in college, I was still playing soccer so it was much easier to stay on track. Now I have been graduated for over a year and still workout and try to eat right. But I tend to binge, I will workout binge then get burnt out, and I will binge eat and ruin any good streak I had going because I get discouraged. I feel like I have been trying to reach the same body goals for 3 years but never stick with it long enough.
I'm not fat but I have that lower tummy bulge that always shows in whatever I wear and it makes me insecure.

Need someone in the same boat to keep me in check with diet and working out!

Replies

• scottandsoda_
    scottandsoda_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have a similar issue where I've had the same goals for years. I can never seem to stick with it-- and the problem is always binging. It's not about looking skinny, I just want to feel strong and in control. I'm currently in college but was always very active in high school (varsity swimming). Still, I feel like binging/snacking , especially at night, is a problem I can't handle without a buddy to keep me in check!
  • tomcat941
    tomcat941 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in the same position. I have a history of Binge Eating Disorder, which I consider myself largely recovered from, but I find that I often resort to comfort eating, which could be considered a binge. I'm trying to stop this behaviour entirely. I'd recommend a book called Brain over Binge for that, it's amazing. I'm also reading a book called Never Binge Again right now, but that's more to tackle the comfort eating than for the eating disorder. I would really love a buddy to help motivate me though! I could do with losing a stone and i'm struggling to stick to any plan!