Back at it- seeking motivational pals for inspiration

Options
Hi guys! I'm trying to get back into it and actually keeping track of eating with regular exercise. My goals are to lose weight and become more fit. I've gone for 15 days straight! Really proud of myself but would love to share my hard work with new pals!

Thanks

Replies

• losinglinz36
    losinglinz36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 15 day streak! I aspire to do the same. I have a good 45 pounds to lose and starting to be accountable for my food choices. Fitting in exercise seems to be more of a challenge.
  • HIITHolly
    HIITHolly Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It really is tough to balance both out. Where I never used to take breaks at work I now use them to do 15 minute walks to break up the day and get moving. I find working out as soon as I walk in the door at home before I can get comfortable is the best way to keep on top of it!
  • craree2016
    craree2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your title did it all!!! Congrats on 15 days. I've realized that by celebrating small victories asking the way it keeps me motivated!
  • grace5293
    grace5293 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow a 15 day fitness streak is amazing! I need that kind of motivation ❤️
  • johnriii
    johnriii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    former soldier/marine, 11 years. gained 50 lbs my first year out(1993) and I've been yo yo dieting ever since. I'm the classic boredom snacker, so my best bet is to stay busy. one would think that would be easy since I work two jobs, but one of the jobs is in a cubicle at a call center for the last 21 years. 2nd job is much easier to avoid food I'm on my feet 100% of the time (walmart). additionally, I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic five years ago, and you would think THAT would motivate me...and for a while it did, I lost 40 lbs. I'm finding that without verbal support/motivation, it's difficult to maintain this battle by sheer willpower.

recently, my son has made me a grandfather for the 2nd time, and I just got back home from seeing this little angel. this has motivated me more to get healthy for real, time is running out. I have a planet fitness membership, all I need is time and motivation. again, 62 hour work week mon-fri is tough, so motivation from MFP friends would probably go a long, long way!

you keep that streak going as long as you can...I'm sure the longer you go, the more ingrained it will get into your daily routine...just like most BAD habits!
  • queerpenix
    queerpenix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! Always looking for new friends!
    I believe my food diary is set to public, and I'm always trying to throw out motivation or recipes for the things I eat!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 15 days! Like you, I typically exercise right after work before I sit on the couch and relax. :smile:
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep it up!