Magical Bracelets?!

Options
:happy: I "stole" this idea from someone else and its working wonderfully!!! I put on 2 green, 2 pink, and 8 blue bracelets, and each time I drink 8oz of water I move 1 blue bracelet to the other wrist, I do the same for veggies (green) and fruits (pink). at the end of the day all bracelets should be on the opposite wrist from which they started. It's gotten me drinking from 4-8oz waters a day to 12 8oz waters a day!!! I just started the veggie and fruits thing today.:glasses:

Replies

• LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thats an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Could not love that idea any more. [=
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Really good idea! Although u imagine they could get int he way some times.
  • kobunski
    kobunski Posts: 18
    Options
    neat idea! do you ever forget which direction you are moving them? Also..I head the FDA now recommends 9 servings of fruits and veggies.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    great idea!!
  • melzeeryp
    melzeeryp Posts: 13
    Options
    Love this idea! I am going to have to try it!
  • 4awd
    4awd Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the idea!

I'm going to try this with my kids. I stopped buying top ramen, mac and cheese, hamburger helper, and other such cheap convenient unhealthy foods and they can't figure out how to eat anymore. They don't recognize the rainbow of produce I buy as food (my bad). If I can get them to consciously eat plants they wont feel like they're starving all the time, and I can see how this bracelet idea can help a lot.
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    very cute! I like it!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This just really reminds me of those jelly bracelets I used to love. Where are they now?
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    :happy: I "stole" this idea from someone else and its working wonderfully!!! I put on 2 green, 2 pink, and 8 blue bracelets, and each time I drink 8oz of water I move 1 blue bracelet to the other wrist, I do the same for veggies (green) and fruits (pink). at the end of the day all bracelets should be on the opposite wrist from which they started. It's gotten me drinking from 4-8oz waters a day to 12 8oz waters a day!!! I just started the veggie and fruits thing today.:glasses:

Where do you get your bracelets? Great idea
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Nice Katie! So proud of you!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    This just really reminds me of those jelly bracelets I used to love. Where are they now?

I just saw some of those at a party supple store. Party City or Party Depot,... something like that. I bet all such stores will have them.
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options

I just some those at a party supple store. Party City or Party Depot,... something like that. I bet all such stores will have them.
    [/quote

Ok Thanks!!!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    great idea. you can probably get bracelets at target or walmart or even the dollar store. even silly bands would work :P
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    lol well, my sisters left their silly band bracelets over here!!! you can just buy the $1.00 pack at walmart they come with like 4 or 5 I think or you can buy the silly bands or off brands that have TONS in them and a diff arey of colors to chose from