Trying to loose weight

Options
Words of encouragement are needed. I was going to the gym, but moved. So I had to stop going to the gym it was too far away. However, looking for a new gym to join and need to loose weight. I'm so unhealthy and FAT I hate it ;,( please help me!

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on the gym. Walk 10k steps a day and eat at a calorie deficit. Calories are all that matter for weight loss, not gym time.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight - you don't need the gym. Stop making excuses.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep, focus on your calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You are looking in the wrong place to lose weight!

Exercise is for health, fitness, strength etc. and doesn't have to be done in a gym.
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can exercise without the gym, videos, DVDs, jump rope, jumping jacks etc you get the point. Then focus on reducing your food intake to drop the pounds.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You cannot out train a bad diet.

That said, focus on nutrition as your primary way to lose fat. One nutrition is established for a healthy fat loss, then work on more exercise.

I do recommend a 30 minute or so walk a day, while it may not burn too many calories, it does help keep your body healthier as a whole.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I was the same way in the sense of making every excuse as a reason not to go to the gym. You have to commit something abruptly before the weight continues to add up.
    When I pay for something, I've committed to doing it with the risk of losing my funds for not doing it.

You can join a gym (even far one), try a workout class near you (check Groupon- I've found many that I would have never known about), log step challenges on your phone to remind you - you haven't walked enough or goal, have someone or you yourself just mealprep meals for a week without hesitation, etc.

ksxq4zmzofce.jpg
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight it's just a simple matter of eating less calories than your body Burns. To lose weight you have to do it for yourself you have to find a why. That why has to be so selfish and personal that it'll get you through the rough times. It can't be about the kids or your significant other it totally has to be about you. Once you find that why all your otherwise will take care of themselves. As crazy as it sounds losing the 80lb was the easiest thing I've ever done and it was actually fun. I've been on multiple diets and I failed and I've gained weight but this time it was different.

Simply plug your stats into mfp set your goal to lose 1 to 2 lb so weak and just follow the calorie numbers. Make sure you weigh your food accurately don't guesstimate you need to use a food scale.

Now here's the other aspect of exercise. Exercise has other benefits besides weight loss. To me it's emotional mental and physical.