Looking for women to join forces!!

Options
Hey,

I am underweight and having a hard time gaining. Mainly from lack of accountability to myself and believe sharing my journey with someone may help.

I am 5'1", 28yrs old and weigh 92lbs. At 16 I weighed 116lbs...weight I lost during university due to stress, depression, etc.

I am currently doing my course to become a nutrition coach and would love to share my knowledge, if we can work together remotely to reach our goals.

let me know if you are interested. Add me as a friend if you would like and tell me about yourself or ask me anything.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you are taking a nutrition course you likely know that you are underweight and what the health risks of being underweight are. At 116 pounds you were actually at a healthy weight.
  • Lfirecracker
    Lfirecracker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I support you. You can gain weight for sure!
  • PaulinaFBBC
    PaulinaFBBC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes.... I do know that and noted it on my post haha.

Really just reaching out to see who is in a smilar journey so we can help each other.

I'm sorry but unsure what your point was usmcmp.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    If you are taking a nutrition course you likely know that you are underweight and what the health risks of being underweight are. At 116 pounds you were actually at a healthy weight.

She kind of acknowledged that in her post?
    Happy for you to add me if you think it will help. I struggled for years to gain weight and probably couldn't have done it without the help and advice on here.
  • deedee825
    deedee825 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone willing to help me with a sample meal menu for a typical day?
    2080 calories
    Protein 180g- 720kcals
    Carbs. 160g - 642 kcals
    Fat. 80g -718 kcals
    I'd greatly appreciate it

Dee
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey I started last spring at 95-100 and I'm holding at 105-6 with my weight training currently. I'm almost 29, a mom to a 6 year old, work full time and I struggle with low blood pressure and hormone induced depression.

I got very frustrated with my gaining this spring because my 2400 calorie intake only got me a 1/2 lb a month instead of 1/2 a week. I put it on pause for my mental health this summer and I'll be doing another gain again this fall (probably late September through November). I weight lift at home currently with some dumbbells, a doorframe bar, a Swiss ball, yoga mat, and some basic resistance bands. I don't do cardio because I get bored with it very easily. My weight regiment goes along with the body beast template (found on Google) and I've been very happy with the muscle gains (which adds some weight, too).

I eat super clean most of the time which is my biggest hurdle to gaining. I'm all about nutrients and quality over quantity of food. Obviously that makes getting a lot of calories difficult. I work in the food industry, too, and I love the stuff. Knowing what goes into dishes to make it more dense in calories helps. You can add me :) I can never figure out how to add people.
  • NicoJinx
    NicoJinx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and this is my forst day on the journey of gaining weight. I'll try to add you but if I fail, please do add me yourself, I'd like to support each other as from October on I'll be a student and I really hope I won't get even skinnier because of stress and lack of appetite if I feel engaged in this journey with someone
  • navi2015
    navi2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm on a gain journey as well. Went from 90lbs to the 101 since January. But I'm just stuck there, can't seem to get enough calories. Would love some nutrition help and overall help each other to gain weight. Add me!
  • thejocelynchan
    thejocelynchan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in a similar boat. I'm not exactly underweight but I am trying to put on weight in a healthy way. And I'm also taking a nutrition course! I'll be starting in September. Let's keep each other on track and motivated. Adding you!