Ladies - where do you shop?

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
Hey all!

I was pretty much the poster child for Lane Bryant, but now that I have lost weight, I no longer need to shop there. So here's the question - where's a good place to get affordable quality work clothes? I am a teacher and am NOT a formal/dress person - more a khakis and nice shirt with a pair of Vans or something (I teach middle school and they appreciate when their English teacher is wearing the same shoes!). I used to shop at a place called NY & Co but I don't even know if it's still around.

I buy my non work clothes at Old Navy and Kohls, but don't really like it for work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Babyphat.com.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like Kohls and JcPenny but Target is nice too and a little more affordable
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I generally shop in Kohls and can usually find what I'm looking for..... plus I have a charge card there! :bigsmile:
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Gap, H&M, Express (although they have more "formal" work clothes, but soo cute!), Forever 21 (kind of a young store, but still some great finds!), Loft, Ann Taylor... Just wander a mall and I'm sure you can find at least a few stores that work for what you need.

Congrats, and have fun shopping!!!

P.S. NY&Co. is still in business.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Charlotte russe, forever21 & Ross
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I typically do most of my shopping in thrift stores or vintage shops. And I do a fair bit of online shopping. I love shopruche, modcloth, asos, topshop, and etsy.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    New York & CO is still around. I just bought a couple of pairs of pants from there last week.

Check out Ann Taylor Loft, I believe they have discounts exclusively for teachers.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    For when I have to dress approriately - school functions for the kids, etc., I wear Old Navy and Gap. At home and runs out to the store I've started shopping at LoveMode.com, Victorias Secret, and Forever 21. I know the last three are kind of juniors section, but after spending my 20's a fattie I think I've earned the right to wear them.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    NY & Co. is still around, at least in the Midwest. I :heart: Macy's. You might try Eddie Bauer also. They don't do dressy but have nice quality khaki's, polo style tops, etc.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    KOHL's is great!!! and they are always doing the coupons (15-30% off). Also, I like Marshall's and Ross but you may have to go through the racks a bit. Nordstrom's rack. Now that you are a smaller size, you have soooo many more options.!!! How exciting!!!
  • crazynay96
    crazynay96 Posts: 99
    Options
    prior to gaining all this weight (through pregnancy and then 7 surgeries in the last 3 years being on bed rest) I was an Old Navy and NY & Company girl all the way! Now I stay mostly with Lane Bryant.
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I shop at Maurices, they have super cute clothes from 0 to 3x
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, NY & Co. is still around.... my fave store is Macy's. May sound expensive, but they actually have lots of discounts if you sign up for a Macy's card. After you get your Macy's card they'll also start sending you coupon cards in the mail for 20% off. They have lots of sales through the year, so I wait for the sales and then use my 20% off card on top of that. I have gotten so many good deals that way for really nice clothes! Like the stylish top I got for $7, which was originally $50!

Another place you can try is Ross. I don't go there often because you have to have a LOT of patience to really look through all of their racks, but if you have the time to do that you can find a lot of good deals. Another store I like is Nordstrom Rack--is there one near you? Top designer clothes at major discounts, and they also have frequent sales.

Hope this helps!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Outlets or online at Talbots or the Loft. Online always has a sale area where you can get good buy's. Macy's always has great sales.
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    express.com has awesome work pants ;) makes your booty look amazing...

guess.com :)

macys.com

nordstroms rack :)
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    J. Crew, Banana Republic, Express, Gap, The Limited
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Kohls, JC Penney, Ross, Marshalls & TJ Maxx.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    H&M! Marshalls! Target!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like The Avenue ~ but won't be able to shop there too much longer. I am between a 14 and a 16 depending on what it is there...14 is the smallest they carry. I do like Cato's and Kohl's, too...and I shop at alot of consignment and thrift stores :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    LOVE Maurices!