Weight loss drinks

Options
Sunnybland2017
Sunnybland2017 Posts: 4 Member
What are some simple recipe drinks for weight loss?

Replies

• Rerun4733
    Rerun4733 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Strong and black. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Water infused with fruit or cucumbers is tasty and practically calorie free.
    Tea or coffee without sugar or cream
    Artificially sweetened drinks

None of these will cause weight loss just by drinking them, of course. But if you are looking to cut drink calories they can help.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you should eat at a calorie deficit. There is no drink to make you lose weight. If there was, no one would be obese.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    There's no magical drink that is going to help you lose weight...you lose weight when you're in a deficiency of energy and have to burn stored energy (body fat) to make up for that deficiency.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What are some simple recipe drinks for weight loss?

Beverages don't make you lose weight. Eating/drinking fewer calories than your maintenance calories is how you lose weight.

That said - staying hydrated can help. Sometimes thirst and hunger can be confused.

To me, a diet soda helps with weight loss. It's a "treat" I look forward to. It doesn't make me want sugary foods and I don't think "hey, I saved 150 calories.....so I can have that cupcake now."

Hot tea can be a nice beverage. It takes awhile to drink, and it comes in many flavors. I don't drink it for the weight loss properties which are negligible.
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water/seltzer is my must-have drink. I have a mental block about normal water and was probably nearly constantly slightly dehydrated. Once I decided that I'd rather spend the money on "fancy water" and be healthier (and buy less soda, thus freeing up cash for water), my life got so much better. I'm finally hydrated!

You don't have to go for the $$$ stuff either (although a case of LaCroix is absolutely a treat item for me) - I buy store brand cases of cans and liter bottles at Wegmans. The flavors and bubbles make it fun, and I'll happily drink a room temp can of straight seltzer before I'd ever pick up a glass of room temp flat water.
    Bonus: you can flavor plain seltzer with fruit syrups or make wine spritzers - that allowed me to take part in the vacation revelry this summer while only drinking half as much wine. win-win!
  • navyprox
    navyprox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My family has had success on slimfast. My dad has lost 40 lbs so far! Expensive in the short run, but if you spend $170 you can supply yourself with breakfast and lunch for a month, which is actually super cheap for food. That's if you don't want to mix the powder. The powder is much much cheaper
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My go to drinks:
    Soda/sparkling water with lemon
    Iced tea made with fruity flavoured loose tea, no additions just water
    Veggie and fruit smoothies
    From Starbucks an iced coffee with no sweetener and non fat milk

I don't know what I'd do without these lol
  • youmnayo
    youmnayo Posts: 1 Member
    Options