How much can you lose?

Options
How much weight can you lose in a months time? I just weighed myself and I am absolutely disgusted with myself, I weigh 183 and I am 5' 2". I am not trying to starve myself. I just want a challenge, something to keep me busy because my husband is deployed. So how much weight can you lose in a months time based on my height and weight? I know diet and water would be factored into this as well..I am just looking for an idea of how much.

Thank you!

Replies

• camille97
    camille97 Posts: 91
    Options
    About 8 pounds at most usually, assuming you lose 2 pounds a week.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Each person is different, but I have been on here 6 months and have averaged losing 5 pounds per month which is pretty much in line with the recommended goal of 1 pound per week. I lost 9 pounds the first month though so each month has not been exactly 5, some more, some less. Good luck to you. Thanks to your husband for his service! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm a little heavier and taller, but my average is 5lbs per month.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 lbs in one month. More than I thought (and really not sure how I lost that much). i do a lot of cardio kickboxing and all I drink is water. I'm sure I won't lose as much next month

I'm 5'10 and around 190
  • hexemom
    hexemom Posts: 3
    Options
    Typically it is healthiest to lose about 1 -2 pounds per month (however, I am not a doctor) . . . I am doing something called Isagenix and I lost 5 pounds in one week doing a whole body cleanse and replacing two meals a day with their yummy shakes ( I can tell you more about it if your interested). Whatever you decide to do - be healthy about it. Just tracking your calories and raising your awareness will be a huge benefit! Are you exercising and getting some cardio in each day?
    Good luck and hang in there!!!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think you should bank on losing 5 lbs in a month. Any more bonus!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I average 3-4 pounds a month (sometimes less if I'm not strict with my diet). My comfort zone is around 3 lbs/per month since this allows me to indulge in food I wouldn't normally eat (usually when we have family get-togethers) and still lose a fair amount of weight.

( Another shortie here, 5'1".)
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    Im hoping to lose 10 pounds in august.... Ive been staying active everyday though and changing what I eat. I'm also 5'3 and at 160ibs. Working out is a great way to pass the time while our men are not at home. Good luck to you and your weightloss journey you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Maybe get a workout dvd to help you along.
  • ezekiel_nf
    Options
    Well it depends on the person and everything but personally on average I lose about 1-10 pounds a month. I don't really pay attention to my weight but what my body tells me and what my measurement says. I've lost almost 50 pounds now and it took me a year to do that. Sometimes I don't lose a pound, sometimes I gain! Just be catious of your measurements. Your diet is extremely important and that is what will really get that weigth off :). Just keep trying! We are the same height too! I'm rooting you on honey!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Im the same height and so far I have lost just over 5 pounds each month, Been on here for 2 months straight! How much you lose the first month will usually depend on how healthy you were to begin with. The healthier that you are when you start the less you will see go away at first. But non the less, keep it up and you will see changes coming real fast! Feel free to add me. My husband is in the army as well..
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How much weight can you lose in a months time? I just weighed myself and I am absolutely disgusted with myself, I weigh 183 and I am 5' 2". I am not trying to starve myself. I just want a challenge, something to keep me busy because my husband is deployed. So how much weight can you lose in a months time based on my height and weight? I know diet and water would be factored into this as well..I am just looking for an idea of how much.

Thank you!

Ok. Regardless of your weight; you are gorgeous.
    Dont rush it or it'll be unhealthy and you wont be able to maintain that and may regain. (No offense)
    8 lbs in a month is ideal.
    Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Good luck.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" also, am on 1270 calories a day, and in a good month I lose 2-3 lbs. I think there is a lot of variation from person to person.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    the healthy amount 2 loose is 2lb per week, that way ur more likely 2 keep it off.x
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I vote trying for 5lbs. It's obtainable but not too easy.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Im alot heavier, and alot taller, but I've been here 145 days, and lost 51lbs, which averages to 3lbs a week, however, about half of my time here I haven't lost anything due to plateaus, so I like to pay attention to the average...cuz when it comes off, alot comes off, but then it doesn't come off for a month or several weeks...

Don't ever expect to lose exactly 5lbs a month, or 10lbs, cuz then ull set urself up for failure if u miss the goal, hit a plateau, etc...so just go with it and don't stress about the numbers...

Ps. I eat my excercise calories back, I do minimal excercise, I drink tons of water, and concentrate on diet more than anything...portion control with a food scale and measuring cups, etc so im not over eating and can accuretly track my calories.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    5 pounds a week is waht I would say too, it sounds like most of us level out around there but the first month I lost way more and you probably will too. Just dont' expect it to last forever.
  • erinlindsay
    Options
    hey do you need help losing weight? i lost 20 lbs and im looking into becoming a personal trainer.. i would love to help someone!