Looking for new friends (Low Carb/Peleo/Keto)

Options
I am looking for any new friends that want or need motivation, but I am specialty looking for low carb, Paleo or Keto lifestyles. I have been around for 5.5 years and looks like I am starting again. So, I have had some success in the past with the Whole30. I did it strict for 60 days and lost 20 lbs. with no workouts.

This time I plan to go Keto and add workouts. I like to mix it up so I am always trying new things. This keeps things interesting and motivates I think. My new plan is to post updates on my timeline or blog that shares my experiments with low carb recipes. I purged most of my friends list while I was idle and not providing support. Now it’s time to build a new friends list and start motivating

So Add me if you are interested. ;-)

Replies

• alexandriashannon
    alexandriashannon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I just started Keto three weeks ago. Definitely need motivation! And I don't have any MFP friends anyways.
  • Trinilove72
    Trinilove72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I added you. I have recently started and lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks. It is pretty slow but trying to lose 40 by the end of the year.
  • pebsnbam
    pebsnbam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting myself on here looking for those to share the journey with
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'll add too.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I did the Whole30 and lost 10lbs, now I'm just counting calories/macros. You can add me.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm a Keto lifer myself. I sugges you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us low-carbers (of all kinds) tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • TaylorElise94
    TaylorElise94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb/ paleo!! Love it!
  • curliegirlie
    curliegirlie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since 7/31/17. I have hormonal issues and need to loose about 150lbs (to be a healthy weight). I've tried to do keto probably 5 times and I never stuck it out. The very best info I could ever give you is to NOT cheat. The "cheat" setback is far worse than you can imagine. In 18 days I've lost 12 pounds. I've never once felt the "keto flu" or even bad in general. I have more energy, I don't feel so sluggish and I'm not constantly thinking about food. It keeps you full for longer and I honestly don't even feel like I'm on a diet. The food is so good. Who doesn't want bacon and cheese all the time?
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I did the Whole30 and lost 10lbs, now I'm just counting calories/macros. You can add me.

Thank you I did join the group!
  • JDavid007
    Options
    So far I am have lost 5 lbs in a week. I know a lot is water. I now am in a Keto Flu. I have been drink lots of water. I think my potassium is quite low so I am looking into some options to boast the electrolytes.
  • herbalifexcoach
    herbalifexcoach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting low carb also. Looking for some people to talk to about it. :p
  • Diamondbbw
    Diamondbbw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto about 3 weeks. Had limited success at weight loss before but this seems to really be working and it's something I enjoy. I added you. Folks feel free to add me :)
  • Gyaltsen
    Gyaltsen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day six with LCHF, using The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung as a guide. I am new to low carb and am amazed at the complete lack of sugar cravings. I am glad to have found this group following low carb plans.
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for 3.5 months, lost 20lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • JDavid007
    Options
    Been adding some of the newer posts. Good to start building up my friend base again!
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been eating LCHF for just three months and I've lost 30lbs. I like to cook and try new recipes and my dairy is open. I need more friends, so anyone can add me!