Biggest Loser....Ever tried out?

aquasw16
aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
I am considering trying out for The Biggest Loser August 13th. Any opinions on that?

Replies

• juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Go for it!! loose weight and get paid, with celeberty perks. wish they would take me!!! lol
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    my friend wanted to, but he wasn't "big enough"
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Go for it I would love to do that!!!! Best of luck to you if you decide to do it :)
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    I would love too, but unfortunately work will not still send paychecks while I sweat it out on tv. LOL
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    If it were not for my job, I might - but I'm not giving up what I've got to do a "reality" TV show for however long, when what goes on really isn't reality - it's a lot of drama and I don't know that I want the whole world up in my business. It's been VERY effective for a lot of people, though. I say if you have the means to do it and want to - then go for it! Can't hurt anything, right?
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    I would love too, but unfortunately work will not still send paychecks while I sweat it out on tv. LOL

BL pays you a stipend every week, but is it enough to support your family? Plus, would you still HAVE a job when you got done? I'm with you!
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    It never hurts to try!!!!!!

I say go for it, so if you get on the show I can be like, "OMG, I meat her on MFP, I told to to try out for the Biggest Loser, OMG!!!!" hahaha :)
  • aquasw16
    Yeah, well that' the thing. I am heavier than i look. You have to be able to lose 85 pounds at least. I can lose 85 lbs and still be in my healthy weight range. I have a feeling since I dont look as heavy as I am..that could make me not have a shot.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    It never hurts to try!!!!!!

I say go for it, so if you get on the show I can be like, "OMG, I meat her on MFP, I told to to try out for the Biggest Loser, OMG!!!!" hahaha :)

I'm with her!:flowerforyou:
  • athenawho
    Seriously, it never hurts to try. The worst thing they can say is "No" but they'll never say "Yes" unless you try!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Its always worth a try. There are always a few people on the show that don't look like they weigh as much as they do. If you don't try you could be missing out on a huge chance, if you do try out and don't get picked, all your out is a wasted day.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Seriously, it never hurts to try. The worst thing they can say is "No" but they'll never say "Yes" unless you try!

My mom tells me this ALL the time! I felt like I needed to double check and make sure it wasn't her sneaking in saying that lol.

BUT I def agree. Try out. You'll never wonder what if.
  • beverley1232010
    beverley1232010 Posts: 2 Member
    Go for it, i have watched the shows, very hard work but sooooo worth it, x
  • athenawho

My mom tells me this ALL the time! I felt like I needed to double check and make sure it wasn't her sneaking in saying that lol.

BUT I def agree. Try out. You'll never wonder what if.

Haha, no I am way to young to be a mother, I'm totally not ready!

...but my dad says that to me all the time :)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Keep us posted if you get on!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Try out! If it's meant to be, it will be. Simple as that!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    I wish I could, but I'm a single mom with 2 jobs that I can't go without!
  • Yeah I would try but my uncle tried it out for it and got a second interview for it but you need to be REALLY REALLY obese and he also said that they want people who are also good for "TV" like dramatic, and entertaining. My uncle was super over weight, and he said in order to even be considered he tried to gain like 50 more pounds by eating fast food all meals of the day, and when they told him he wasn't "dramatic" enough and his story wasn't "good enough for tv" he ended up getting bigger and not being able to be on the show... BUT he is my inspiration because he decided that he didn't want to waste his life away, so he started just counting calories, then working out a little, to working out a lot, and he is now the smallest man in our family basically. He has so much energy, and is able to rock climb and stuff with his kids! Either way, I hope it works out if it was meant to!! Good luck!
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Do they get paid?? I was wondering that,how they survive during and after the shows.
  • aquasw16
    Yeah they pay you weekly for every week you are on the show
This discussion has been closed.