I need snack ideas....

Options
KatiePeca
KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
Something low carb and low sugar please :)

For the first time basically EVER I am under my goals in every category I track, and I'd like to stay that way ;)

But I have about 400 calories, plus about 7 carbs and 7 fat to give to a snack, only 1g of sugar, but I can give on that a little.

Any ideas?

Katie

Replies

• jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    Options
    Fruit or veggies. Delicious and it won't put you over. :D
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    FRUIT FRUIT and oh yeh FRUIT!
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like oatcakes with peanut butter and some berries on top. Should see you alright on your breakdowns. Bit of carb in the oatcakes obviously, bit of natural sugar in the fruit, but most importantly... delicious!!!
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Emerald 100 Calorie Pack Cocoa Roast Almonds
    Cal = 100
    Fat = 8g
    Carbs = 4g

YUMMY!
  • gatrjeny
    gatrjeny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tough question because it totally depends on what you like.... I like to snack ocassionally on cottage cheesse with honey. Honey is good sugar, and cottage cheese can be fat free (although I like the low-fat better).

I love ice cream. Sometimes, I'll freeze a small tub of vanilla yogurt and have that as a snack. Makes me feel like I'm having ice cream, but I'm really having something healthy :) You could do this with any flavor really, but I'm a sucker for vanilla.

Good luck!
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    hummus, nuts, string cheese, special K crackers, veggies, Quaker Rice Cakes.
  • mxmama112
    mxmama112 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    an awesome snack that tastes like a banana split. Half a banana sliced, 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt, and a drizzle of hersheys sugar free chocolate syrup! Low cal and FABULOUS.
  • KatiePeca
    Options
    Maybe I am being too legalistic with myself, but because I am so close to being able to stay under on EVERYTHING, I want to keep it that way, I really don't want to go over on carbs at all.

Thanks for the ideas though, I am sort of craving oatmeal too, I wish there was a way to make it low carb ;)

Katie
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i received this email from eat this not that people, might try some of these.

http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/content/12-hunger-squashing-snacks?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-638560-_-07122011-_-body
  • MrsPalek
    MrsPalek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love to snack on Wasa Flatbread crackers- there are many to chose from and they are pretty tastey too. Sometimes I'll add some low sugar Smuckers jelly to feed my sweet tooth or peanut butter. I alos use them to eat chicken or tuna salad with instead of bread. There are different kinds but they are all yummy and healthy too.
  • KatiePeca
    Options
    Emerald 100 Calorie Pack Cocoa Roast Almonds
    Cal = 100
    Fat = 8g
    Carbs = 4g

YUMMY!

I loooooooooooooove those! We just finished up ours, but they are so good!!

Katie
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ive realized it helps me to have things with more "crunch". ..i LOVE frozen grapes right from the freezer..nice on hot days too..!!
  • livehappe
    livehappe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Check out the Formula Diet by the Daousts. It has some low carb, low cal, high protein desserts that taste like the real deal. Truly satisfies, and will never put you over.
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For my mid-day snacks I usually like hommus or Wholly Guacamole...if you like guacamole it's the best and now they have it in 100 cal packs and as a former ranch dressing addict I really like their getofftheranch.com site
  • BSWC
    BSWC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey I just saw this thread. I'm new to this forum, so I'm still poking my head around. I actually work with Wasa and here are some more great snack ideas! I hope this helps!

http://www.wasa-usa.com/healthy-food.aspx