Healthy?? food choice

Options
I love all food Mexican. We eat a lot of tacos, enchiladas, salsa, etc. So last night I made enchiladas, weighing out the cheese and meat and measuring the enchilada sauce. For years I've been making them with whole wheat tortillas thinking they had to be better than the corn. Was I ever shocked to see my corn tortillas contain one fat gram and my whole wheat contain 14 and then I looked up white flour and I think it said only 3.

In my effort to get the best meals I can get for the least amount of fat, (that's where I"m likely to go over) I am choosing to use only the corn tortillas for now. I had one enchilada and even with an apple and a salad it came in at only 390 calories. Since I plan my meals at 400 calories, I had an awesome dinner and did not feel deprived at all.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Replies

• catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I love all food Mexican. We eat a lot of tacos, enchiladas, salsa, etc. So last night I made enchiladas, weighing out the cheese and meat and measuring the enchilada sauce. For years I've been making them with whole wheat tortillas thinking they had to be better than the corn. Was I ever shocked to see my corn tortillas contain one fat gram and my whole wheat contain 14 and then I looked up white flour and I think it said only 3.

In my effort to get the best meals I can get for the least amount of fat, (that's where I"m likely to go over) I am choosing to use only the corn tortillas for now. I had one enchilada and even with an apple and a salad it came in at only 390 calories. Since I plan my meals at 400 calories, I had an awesome dinner and did not feel deprived at all.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    That's good to know. I love mexican food too and sometimes it's really hard for me to have it and not go over. Thanks for sharing!! Congrats on staying in your calories!!
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i make my tacos without the shell and use lettuces leaves instead.

they are surprisingly strong, crunchy and you can have more beans (and i skip the cheese)
  • brendab
    Options
    i make my tacos without the shell and use lettuces leaves instead.

they are surprisingly strong, crunchy and you can have more beans (and i skip the cheese)

I've replaced hamburger buns with lettuce leaves too! I just love a good burger, and yes the leaves do hold up well for a burger too:drinker: Bren